What's the difference?

tb2776

Newly Enlightened
What\'s the difference?

Forgive this question -- I'm a newbie to high-end flashlights. What's the difference between the Inova X03, X5, and T3? I already have the X5, but I'm curious if this is over-marketing on Inova's end.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What\'s the difference?

Their numbering system is not consistent. The X5 uses "normal" LED's and has flood but not a lot of throw.

The T1, T2, T3, XO, XO3 use Luxeons and have a lot more throw. The T2 and XO are somewhat generic Luxeons with 2x123 power. The T3 and XO3 are still 2x123 but have a lot more throw. The T1 uses only 1 123. The comparison of T2 vs XO, or T3 vs. XO3 is just a matter of the outer appearance and the type of switch.

Read reviews on flashlightreviews and you can sort out the differences.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought the X5 was the original design, and it was replaced by the X5T, with the pushbutton end. .

MrBenchmark

Enlightened

Both the T3 or the XO3 are massively brighter and will illuminate objects at much greater distances than the X5t. The X5t uses 5 LEDs, as you know. The T3 and XO3 use single Lumileds Luxeon III LEDS. These produce a tremendous amount of light for an LED, but also use more energy. The T3 and XO3 are also regulated, so they maintain constant brightness for 1.5-2 hours. They are nice lights.