What would you like see improved on a Nuwai QIII?

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
Re: What would you like see improved on a Nuwai QI

1. The Clip - put a decent one on the tail for heads down carry - the one supplied sucks

2. The finish - I'd be willing to pay more for HIII - the finish on mine is already wearing off after only a couple of weeks of carry

3. Momentery On/Off

4. Hi/Low

beam_me_up

Enlightened

Hi/Low and having it come stock with the tailcap button recessed a tad bit more for standing on end candle use (Although this isn't too hard of a mod, but I think it should come stock that way)

Oh yeah I wouldn't mind it being brighter too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Not thats it's not bright enough already, but it never hurts!

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened

All of the above.

Oh yeah, I'd like it smaller too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

teststrips

Enlightened

I agree on the hi/low option... I don't actually have one yet, b/c I need to find a way to talk my wife into another flashlight.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ditto on hi/lo - I wonder if it could be done without PWMing the diode? Although it's probably more effcient to do that than some other scheme, especially on a high powered LED.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like to see a little bit better match from the tailcap to the body of the light. It just goes from knurling to tailcap smooth, with an ever-so-slight edge. Other than that, a normal clicky, better clip, better holster. .

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would like a different clip, or different laynard attachment. But for the price I'm happy with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

The " belt clip" is cool the way it is. Take the light and put it on the brim of a ball cap or hard hat and you got an instant head lamp!. The clikie should be fixed though.

I think I will tke mine to the machine shop and chop that anoying crenulated bezel down and make it shorter. Polish the cut so its smooth to. Its a flashlight not a switchblade... why should it be sharp enough to poke a hole in my pocket for and EDC?

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

All My Lights

Some Lights

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened

I would like a better lens. A UCL would be excellent.

I would also like a "normal" clickie, a better finish, and the ability to stand the light on its end.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

recessed botton to stand on end, UCL and rechargable version.

Flashlight Enthusiast
A regulation circuit would be nice (recent reviewers have found that it is NOT regulated). Also, type 3 HA finish would make it just about perfect, IMO.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

If they made a 2 AA version as 123's can sometimes be hard to obtain in some situations.

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
If they made a 2 AA version as 123's can sometimes be hard to obtain in some situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the whole point of the QIII, it's single greatest allure, is it's diminutive size...which is only made possible because it uses only 1 x 123. You put two AA's in there...and you've got a whole different flashlight.

I've got QIII's "Mom" as well, and with 2 x 123 it's only 1 3/8" longer than the QIII, and a whole lot shorter than it would be with 2 x AA. While it is indeed a very nice light and I truly enjoy carrying it, there's just no getting around what the QIII offers with it's 3 5/8" size.

I've purchased 5 lights in as many weeks...and I would give up the other 4 in a heartbeat if it meant being able to keep my little QIII. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is a light on advancedmart.com that may be made by Nuwai and uses 2AA. Also there is the Streamlight Jr. Luxeon with light output just a tiny bit under the QIII. And then there are the MiniMag dropins such as the Terralux Ministar2 with less light than the QIII or the Dat2zip dropins that give you your choice of less or more light than the QIII.

Personally I think the QIII is pretty neat but the uninformed should not have to deal with 123 batteries. I can easily carry a Minimag in my jeans pocket although I wouldn't do it EDC. I haven't decided yet if I could EDC the QIII in a pocket. Actually, I have a spare Minimag that needs conversion, and I'm considering the SL Jr. so I can play with NiMH's.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 2AA possibility is nice too... Maybe they could just come up with a screw on extended body, much like the Arc AA TSP. Apart from that, I'd like to see a normal clickie as well, though not a big deal, but maybe I just can't get used to the reverse clickie... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll tag along with the above suggestions. Eliminating 1/2 inch of length would be fairly easy to accomplish.

BTW after running the original Panasonic cell down to only 40 mA of flash amps I tried one NiMH cell as a test and it was fairly bright.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

#1. Recessed switch.
#2. More durable holster.
#3. Clickie with momentary ON, rather than momentary OFF
#4. Improved water resistance.
#5. Reverse the pocket clip.
#6. Reduced price. (Just kidding - it is a good value)

Overall, it will probally win a "Lumie Award" as one of the best lights of 2004. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif