LED Reading Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have been using a clip on book light for several years now to spare my wife many sleepless nights while I read next to her in bed late into the night. The lights I have found available through book stores have long frustrated me because of the very short life span and high cost of replacement bulbs. Now that I have discovered the advantages of LEDs I was wondering if any manufacturer had taken advantage of the long battery life of LEDs and designed a clip on reading light using LED's. It seems to me that combining the light weight of something like a Photon II with a normal clip on book light mechanism is a market that has huge potential. Anyone know if someone has tapped that market yet and introduced a LED book light?

Sorry if this newby place this topic in the wrong forum.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GolfJim:
I have been using a clip on book light for several years now to spare my wife many sleepless nights while I read next to her in bed late into the night. The lights I have found available through book stores have long frustrated me because of the very short life span and high cost of replacement bulbs. Now that I have discovered the advantages of LEDs I was wondering if any manufacturer had taken advantage of the long battery life of LEDs and designed a clip on reading light using LED's. It seems to me that combining the light weight of something like a Photon II with a normal clip on book light mechanism is a market that has huge potential. Anyone know if someone has tapped that market yet and introduced a LED book light?

Sorry if this newby place this topic in the wrong forum.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two suggestions:
The C.Crane white LED booklight from www.ccrane.com -cat. #BL ($29.95 including shipping). OR, as I remember, CPF member "jbechto" was selling about the same thing @ around $20. or so..
-I think you can still search this site for members names/Email addresses.

-DavidW may choose to move these responses to the LED section
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.