What can I do with an E2E?

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
The E2E is the only Surefire I've owned beyond a 3P I never used. What kinds of options are there for the E2E? Can I put a different head on it? Can I put the E2E head on a 1x123 body from Vital Gear? Does McGizmo or anyone else make readily-accessible mods to mess around with the E2E?

Sorry for sounding so stupid, but anything, links, etc thatyou can point me to in terms of messing around with this light (different battery tubes, heads, switches, etc etc) would be really cool. Thanks!

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Humm, yes there have been lots of threads about the versatility of the E2e and E1e. A quick search will find more than you can read.

Quickly however...

all of the following can be swapped out....
LED Heads KL1 & KL4
Swap out 60 lumen lamp for a longer runtime MN02 25 lumen.
After market E2C adapters

I'm sure others will flesh out the list with more after market stuff

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Double A got yer bases covered. Those are the standard jumping off points for an E2e. If ya haven't seen one, Doug's E2C adapter lets you mate a larger bezel, like a C2, to the E2e, I have an M2 bezel on an E2e.

Fer three more ideers, I'd consider one of Don's two stage switches, once you get an LED head for your E2e; then you can also get a 2xAA or 3x123 battery tube from balrog or Vital Gear. And you may want one of the E2o clips, which are longer than the E2e's.

daloosh

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. Can you run a 1x123 on the E2E head? Is the E2E and E21 head the same, just different battery packs? Once I actually get the light I probably won't really want to mess with it too much as I'm sure I'll love it, but I'm a tinkerer at heart!

Flatscan

Enlightened
The E1e and E2e heads are identical and sometimes called Exe where x = {1,2}.

If you change the body, make sure you change the lamp also.

The McGizmo PR heads and the entire Aleph line is compatible with the E-series. There was a thread earlier this year about the E-series modularity, which was long despite only covering turn-key accessories, not DIY mods.

turbodog

Flashaholic
You can run a pila 168s cell and a 3.6v streamlight strion bulb. You have to make your own bulb holder though.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
What can you do with it? Absolutely nothing, so all you can do is send it to me... I'll PM you with my address yea? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, all of the mentioned above... it is indeed the most versatile series of lights. Even the E2d (defender) parts are swappable with your E2e. The only part that is NOT swappable is the Lamp assembly from the E1e, which is the MN01. This is to be used with a 1x123 configuration only, else you'll be getting some magic smoke!! The rest you can mix and match as and when you like it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh by the way, if you get your hands on a McLux or some McLux parts, you'd be able to use them with your E series of lights too...

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hmm, I *know* you shouldn't drop an MN01 into the E2e. But I was switching the LED and the incan between the E1e and E2e, and I got confused and then *poof*!
Oops...
daloosh

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use it to check for polyps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

But seriously, get a KL1 for it. You won't be disappointed!