What is ur first action when a light is in the mai

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just wondering, what do you do when one day you are taking a deep nap and you have the day off and the mailman rings your bell and hands you a package? My experiences of this are few, but I can tell you that it is hard to resist the temptation to go to the kitchen, get the butcher knife, and rip open the package. When I get something related to lights in the mail, I simply hold it and savor the moment. I just picture what is in the box. Then when I am satisfied, I go get a pen knife, and in a good manner I open the box, cut the tape, and start jumping up and down.... I wish I could do that every week like some people at CPF do... What do you do when you get those special packages?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Re: What is ur first action when a light is in the

Md- You don't EDC a knife? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Edit: I have to admit it's a lot more fun opening boxes than waiting "3-4 business working days to have the order processed." (For a friggin will-call.)

Larry

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

I first thank the Lord that I've sneaked another expensive light into the house without my wife's knowledge. If she does catch me in the act, I thank the Lord that she almost never inquires as to whats in those Priority Mail packages I keep receiving. Either way, I'm happy.

After that, I head for the basement and rip it open. The package, that is. Test the light for function, then carry it around all day in my pocket wait for night to come.

The ritual is going to repeat later this week when a new Aleph arrives.

best regards

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Hey Mag_despiser,

I immediately open the package, go to a dark room, and proceed to perform a QA check on the light to be sure it's in good working order. Ths part is very important, so I continue the QA check in more detail after dark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You should EDC a pocket knife, except at school. Hey, maybe you can make your folks more tolerant of flashlights if you tell them you've become interested in big, scary knives instead. Then when you switch back to lights, I bet they don't complain as much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Note, though, that if you find they are giving you prozac, you may have carried the big scary knife thing a bit too far... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rip package open immediately and check contents. Grab camera and take pics of light 'NIB'. Open box, load, fire straight away.

Get back to the sender and tell them that it made it in one piece and that I like it. -- this little touch is very much appreciated by some of the folks I've dealt with, I do it for everybody.

Then play with the light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Modus Operandi;

1) Open shipment
2) Insert batteries if not done already
3) Look into reflector
4) Turn on light
5) Pick up eyeballs

Repeat as necessary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon

i edc a victorinox mini champ at school everyday but i go to a private academy so maybe its different but i ship all my lights up to the dorm and that way my mom doesn't know that i'm buying as many the only way she knows is if she checks my bank account but then shes not mad unless i buy another surefire m6 or something of the price range then she calls a wants to know where 400 bucks and then i tell i spent it on drugs and women and then she knows that i bought another flashlight

chipper

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
mossyoak said:
i edc a victorinox mini champ at school everyday but i go to a private academy so maybe its different but i ship all my lights up to the dorm and that way my mom doesn't know that i'm buying as many the only way she knows is if she checks my bank account but then shes not mad unless i buy another surefire m6 or something of the price range then she calls a wants to know where 400 bucks and then i tell i spent it on drugs and women and then she knows that i bought another flashlight

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your style.

"Mum, I bought a flashlight for $400"
"You did what, you idiot..........."

"Mum, I spent $400 on drugs on women"
"You did what, you idiot..........."
"No, actually I spent it on a flashlight"
"Oh thank god for that, well done son"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

It used to be:
open up
put in batteries
point at face
turn on

This has recently chaged to

open up
put in batteries
point at ground
turn on
If its not that bright, slowly turn into face and check out the shiny little thing in the middle.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Will-called mine today. Took it back to work, pulled knife from pocket and slit the carton tape. Removed case (In large plastic bag) from carton and case from bag. Opened case, removed flashlight and unscrewed tailcap. Opened the two boxes of SF123 batteries and dropped 20 of them into flashlight. Replaced tailcap, pointed at wall and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Larry

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon

[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:
Will-called mine today. Took it back to work, pulled knife from pocket and slit the carton tape. Removed case (In large plastic bag) from carton and case from bag. Opened case, removed flashlight and unscrewed tailcap. Opened the two boxes of SF123 batteries and dropped 20 of them into flashlight. Replaced tailcap, pointed at wall and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

so i'm guessing that you are one of the people lucky enough to have a beast

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Mom, I spent $2900 on a flashlight.."

Next thing I know I'm using that to signal emergency services and hold it for them as they use the defibrillator....

Some things are better NOT told to people - ONE person around me knows I have a U2 and it's a colleague, he was told precisely because he didn't go OMG YOU SPENT WHAT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's ok Larry, we won't tell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Kevin! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

When the delivery man comes to my front door with a package
the first thing I have ready are the batteries, the second thing I do is rip open the pakage, the third thing is install
the batteries an test, the fourth and most important thing is
I go CPFing.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Mags_despiser said:
what do you do when one day you are taking a deep nap... and the mailman rings your bell and hands you a package

[/ QUOTE ]

Well to start with, I can't nap when my parcel is imminent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I normally accept the package, thank the postie, close the door, and have a bit of a grin. Then its off to open the parcel, admire the toy in packaging, and of course take it for a test drive! A very good feeling indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
KevinL,

Do you want to do a passaround with your BEAST? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif That will give me another opportunity to run to the mailbox. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif