Flashlight with blinker

DIYLite

Newly Enlightened
Will u buy a small flashlight that come with steady & blinking functions?
It's like :
~OFF~
1st press on ON/OFF button = blinking light (@ maybe 2-3Hz)
2nd press on ON/OFF button = constant light
3rd press on ON/OFF button = OFF
(or maybe sequence 1 & 2 reversed, can't remember)
wonder is it better in this way so it can also function as an "alerting" or "call for emergency" light?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
The Nuwai ALX-352L will go into flash mode any time you hold the switch down for 3-4 seconds...no matter what mode you're in at the time you hold the switch down. Next click turns the flasher off.

DIYLite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the inputs, but Nuwai ALX-352L is not really a "small" flashlight...

greenLED

Flashaholic
The PT scout has 2 brightness levels and 2 blinking rates too. Now that I think about it, bycicle strobe lights do the same.

Are you planning on making this light and asking whether the would be a market for it?. Or, are you asking whether such a product exists? It's not clear from your initial post.

DIYLite

Newly Enlightened
But ALX-352L has a neat function, press 3-sec & it goes into the blinking mode, nice!
PAL-Light : Do u have to go thru the sequence of blinking/continuous light before turning the light off? Is it trouble-some?

DIYLite

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
Are you planning on making this light and asking whether the would be a market for it?. Or, are you asking whether such a product exists? It's not clear from your initial post.

[/ QUOTE ]

ohh... I find the blinking function a nice function to have (in a small flashlight, probably to be my EDC) but not sure whether is it going to be troublesome (to sequence thru all the functions) after u have really own 1 of them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Wish to check with guys who EDC some flashlight like that

Brody

Newly Enlightened
The Dorcy 3AAA luxeon does constant on with the 1st push,
blinking with the second push,
then off with the third push

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuwai ALX-032 is a reasonably small light, although not as small as the QIII for sure. It's a 2 CR123 cell, 3 watt light. 3 power levels, and a blink function. Hold the button for 3 seconds, and it blinks. Very bright at full power, with decent throw and some spill. $50. Great deal. Got mine from Golden Gadgets - you can find them on eBay as well.

Mike

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DIYLite said:
PAL-Light : Do u have to go thru the sequence of blinking/continuous light before turning the light off? Is it trouble-some?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the PAL Survival light you have to cycle through the modes to get it to shut off, but in the nicer PAL eLight, which also features an SOS mode, you hold the switch down about one full second or so and the light will flash brightly twice and then shut down from whatever mode you're in. Note: The PAL lights are no longer made, as far as I know.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
In an Eternalight you can scroll thru to get to the function you want, but can still switch it off from any mode. Apart from blink, etc, you can also adjust the brightness of the Leds, and control the rate for the strobe and the blink. I think one of the highter end models (can't remember which one) even remembers the mode you were in last before you switched it off.

greenLED

Flashaholic
It's not a hard to find the mode you're looking for in the PT Scout. Simply keep pressing the ON button sequentally (1-4 clicks depending on what setting you want). I think the click interval has to be less than 1sec or so, otherwise the next click turns the light off. Then you're back at the default beam setting again.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use the XTREEM BEEM light. It has a Lux III, built-in rechargeable Li-ion cells with a smart charging circuit. It has a separate switch with four high intensity LEDs and six different blinking functions. The light is made of lightweight aluminium and is well built.