TWOJ's galore ?

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
TWOJ\'s galore ?

Seems like TWOJ luxeon3's are more widely available than they used to be with prices ever so slowly dropping.
Or is it just me?

MrMimizu

Enlightened
Re: TWOJ\'s galore ?

I noticed that too. Lotsa ppl have been offering TWOJs. Unfortunately, I wish I could say the same about TWOHs. I paid $18 for the 10 I got my hands on. That's emitters not stars.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

I have definately observed the same! Remember what the "best" was a couple years ago? Gee, wow, a Q3K /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

Larry

Cypher

Enlightened

What are you sources for purchasing LEDs? I know the sandwich shoppe but it sounds like you know others.
Thanks

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome to cpf!!!
Cypher,
Look around in the b/s/t lights forum for buying/selling/trading activity on good-great luxeon leds.
oeo2oo, klaus, and a few others are selling small quantities of these fine leds to the average joe.

What are you planning on using yours for if you get any?

Cypher

Enlightened

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for months and finally got a name. Just recently I put a TV1L in a 3D mag DD for my first mod. I'm not looking for anything in particular right now I just like to find out good sources so I easily know where to go when/if I have a need. Looks like it's mostly though other CPF members. I had searched the net for sites selling LEDs and just didn't know if I had missed some suppliers or if in fact the B/S/T forum was the best place. Thanks again for replying. I have really enjoyed reading and learning from all you knowledgeable people.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

TV1L is a very good led tint for those just crossing over from incandescant.
The slight buttered yellow/cream tint leaves just a slight memory of what the older, overdriven incandescant lights were like before leds started coming of age in the 21st century.
If someone sees this years from now, they may indeed get a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif out of this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrMimizu

Enlightened

Cypher, it's quite likely your local electronics shops will carry Luxeons as well. I have 2 places I know of in Toronto where I can get em. So far I've only been lucky once and got me a nice TWAK. But you never know what you'll get. call around and see.

rwolff

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]

I have 2 places I know of in Toronto where I can get em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you let me (another Torontonian) know where these are? My guess is that one of them is Active Components on Victoria Park between Finch and Steeles (since Active is associated with Future, who handle Luxeon's retail sales). Thanks for this info.

MrMimizu

Enlightened

Yup..That's the one.
There is also this small electronics store on Queen West by Spadina. I think it was Supreme something. It's close Active Electronics. The only thing is, guy told me they have to order them in and that if I order, they don't guarantee anything. i'll get what I get.
I found the TWAK at Active. BTW, there is more than 1 Active Electronics so you can always go to each one and see what they have. I found mine at Vic Park and Gordon Baker though.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm also looking for these T flux bin stars or emitters since the U are very very rare. I will call Future Electronics Belgium, they have at the moment 33,000 pieces of this LED on stock and they can give me the bin code I want as long as they have it on stock and I pay them some extra. If you guys need these LEDs, I would be honoured to send them to you. They cost about 12 USD I guess.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

The end of the fiscal year inventory tax man is coming down the road now.
Might be a good thing/time to take some of these better than good emiters/stars of the hands of these distributors.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Try finding a T-bin K Vf star.....

Rarer than TW0J /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

MrMimizu: wow, TW0H!!! You almost don't need a driver for that. And if you do use one, it will be efficeint!

What current does it pull on 3v DD?

rwolff

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]

Yup..That's the one.
There is also this small electronics store on Queen West by Spadina. I think it was Supreme something. It's close Active Electronics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Future/Active at Gordon Baker is the one I was describing (Toronto yellow pages show another in Mississauga). The place on Queen is Supremetronics (I've bought some wierd stuff there in years past), and it's near Active Surplus (which has now moved upstairs, and is no relation to Future/Active).