Nuwai 5W ALX-053L

flash99dark

Newly Enlightened
Hello, Flashlighter have you tired Goldengadgets.com or Anvancedmart.com they both should carry this lighr. I just got
a Nuwai ALX-352L 5 watt from Goldengadets.com for $75. It has three light level plus strobe mode and is well worth the money. It is built like a tank. It is very, very, bright. I just have to figure out a way to get it to use my 168s Pila (rechargeable batt).......William

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
William...what do you think of the hoslter? I was supprised at the quality of the holster that came with mine.

flash99dark

Newly Enlightened
Roy....I like the holster also...I am quite happy with the overall quality of this ALX-352l Nuwai. It has got gotten dark
here. I am going to go for a walk after supper to try it out...William

Flashlighter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. GoldenGadgets and AdvancedMart don't have the light. I got the ALX-352L instead. The company doesn't really sound like it's ready to do business in the U.S. at present. A visit to its website in Tiawan showed me there's not a lot making its way here at present. And AdvanceMart's prices are way too steep, anyway.

Flashlighter

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

CPFer jcciv had a couple of them for sale on Ebay. His seller ID on Ebay is surefireparts.

You can contact him directly via Private Message (PM) here or via email. His email address can be found at the link above.

He's highly regarded here and I've bought numerous things from him over the last year and a half and he's always been extremely efficient and a joy to deal with.

Britt

<font color="red"> PS: </font> My mistake he has two of the Nuwai TM116X 5W Turbos for sale right now. $59.95 plus $6.00 shipping.

Nuwai 5W, TM116X, black, turbo

Flashlighter

Newly Enlightened
Nope...I was looking for 120 lumens. Botach sells the Surefire G2 that does 65 lumens for an hour for $26 plus shipping. The Inova T3 will do 85 lumens for two hours and it goes for $54. Great light. My favorite outdoor light, in fact. The ALX-352L isn't easy to find and I'm looking forward to reviewing it. The switch on the side makes it lousy as a tactical light, but sometimes you just need light in varying degrees. Wish they had kept it a 3-battery rig, though.

The Surefire G2 certainly surprised me with its quality and capability. The Scorpion may be a little better; I want to try that, too.

Thanks!

Flash

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only way you're going to get close to that 120 lumens is to use the AL-053-with the 3 x CR123 cell configuration.

I figure my Surefire L4 puts out about 90 lumens, and my Nuwai 053 puts out 110+.
(I've compared the outputs of those two side-by-side many times).
-The Nuwai looks considerably more powerful, probably because of it's superior throw..-and NO donut hole in the beam. I also like the Nuwai because it's focusable.

p.s.-caveat..the above impressions are entirely subjective and are best taken for comparison purposes only. -No way can I actually measure lumens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
YMMV

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
He says the model he has for sale puts out "up to 120 Lumens". That's probably from the product literature.

[ QUOTE ]
Five Watt Luxeon V LED lasting for over 1,000 hours without burning out
2 CR123A (3 V) Replaceable Lithium Battery Included
10-Year Battery Shelf Life
Up to 120 Lumen output - Bright!!

[/ QUOTE ]

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think my cabelas xpg 5 watt was rated at 117 lumens, the nuwai part number for the identical light is in my sig string below.