Noob graduate question: lube o-ring and thread's?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noob graduate question: lube o-ring and thread\'s?

One of my LSH-P's (bought new, big surprise)has a boogered rough spot/burred up spot in the threading on the head. I have put silicone grease on it to be a little smoother, but was wondering out loud, if I should lightly lube rings and threads on all good light's? speak. VDG

EDIT: Actually on second look, it's some kind of flash or carbon or something. i got a lot of it chipped off with my finger nail,and a Q-tip lightly moistoned with WD-40, then the debris and WD was thuroughly wipped out. Still is some in the front though less then there was. It must not be a burr/cross/thread/bad die cut, the back battery part's thread's are pristine.
Any idea what this is or typical of ARC LSs? lube Q still stand's.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Noob graduate question: lube o-ring and thread\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
mossyoak said:
it could enterfere with the electrical power so use a conducting grease like nyogel or something of that caliber

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, will give that thought, been up for 43 hour's trying to cahtch up on work just got home and changed the batt and noticed, so i might not be too lucid.

BTW love your "snatch" quote! one of the funniest movies since "raising arizona". "do you know what nemesis mean's?, a rightous infliction of retribution, manifested by an appropriate agent. personified in this case by a horrible ****,,,, ME" great movie. anyhoo back to it.......VDG