Need a new LED light

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using my X5T for a while now as my "Light to suck 123 cells dry". I was looking at it, glowing dimly with old Energizer batteries inside, I got to thinking that I'd test the "Moon Mode vs. Instant Shutoff" in my Q3. I stuck the battery in the Q3 and WHAM! Instant, bright light!! I was very confused. I put the other one in, and there was no light. So I got out an old single LED and tried hooking it up directly. I got the faintest glow from the nearly dead battery, while the other lit up like the sun.

I need to find the best light that takes a single 123 battery and sucks it dry. Throw is more or less out, I guess, so a marker light is what I'm looking for. Something like a Glo-toob, I guess, or a Krill light. Whatever color would be best to suck the cells dry is what I want.

So what do I want? Throw me ideas. .

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of the Splashlite Leds, in both the Luxeon and Led version, and I'd say the Led version would suck the batts drier... I just measured a battery the other day at 2.2V and its still going strong in the Splashlite Led. Still putting out more light than a Arc AAA for sure... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't go wrong with that!!
Also, look out for Milkyspit's Milky Candle, it does even better for sucking up 123s!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, what about the Peak McKinley? I could get one of those with an RGB, that'd be fun. Or I could get one in red, which would really suck the electrons down, right?? Would another color work better?