Is T3 a good light ?

nolight

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I was looking at some Inova led light, try to search for a little more reading on it, and guess what I stumble on ? !!!CPF!!! omg, never thought there's actually a whole forum dedicated to flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Since everyone here is(or on their way to being)a *Flash-a-holic*, can you give me some input on the Inova X03/T3 series, or anything similar, my 1st LED light ever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh I also got a Mag4-D (mainly got it for whooopin' power, not lightin power tho. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thx everyone, and once again, !!!WOW!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a T3 and like it. Known for its tight beam and good throw, with very little spill. So, be sure that's what you want. If you need a more all-round/all-purpose light, should probably look elsewhere. Also, new T4 (rechargeable, 4 watt) is supposed to come out next month.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XO3 is a very good light, for throw. It can easily be used around the house, but it really seems to shine when its outside. About the best throwing pocket LED light i hear.

Overall, you can really go wrong with an inova, great prices and very good quality.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Howdy nolight! The T3 / XO3 is a terrific light. I've got one, and I love it. It's a good balance of runtime and brightness and size, at least for me. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get the T3, rather than the XO3, because I like clicky tail-switches better. Get one - I think you'll like it very much!

vtunderground

Enlightened
Welcome!

The X03 and T3 are nice lights (I like the T3 better... better texture, better anodizing, better tailcap, all imho), but as was mentioned, they're all spot and not much spill. The Pelican M6 LED might be a good alternative if you're looking for a nice LED flashlight with good spill.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
I 2nd the PM6 incandescent suggestion. It's relatively inexpensive, and if you don't need more than an hour of runtime, it kicks butt.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
The T3 is a fantastic light with massive throw. It really cuts through the darkness.

Yes, it has the typical Inova TIROS (ringy) sidespill. But it does have useful sidespill. At distance, the rings are barely visible. It is true there is nowhere near the sidespill of other lights, but for me the tradeoff is worth it.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nolight,
Your best bet is to forget all about this forum. Run away, don't look back. RUN!!

Still here?? Oh well, get your wallet open. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Welcome to CPF!! I have the T3 on my Christmas list, we'll see if Santa brings it to me. I have a T1 and X5t, both are great little lights for the money. I am EDCing my T1 this week. I don't think you can go wrong with an Inova light.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

mahoney

Enlightened
T3 is a good light, but if you are planning to carry it bezel-up in a holster or pocket, you will need to lock-out the switch by unscrewing it or figure out a way to keep the button from being pushed. The tailcap switch button is not recessed and it doesn't take much pressure to turn on the light.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a T3 and love it. It's very bright, very white, has very good throw, and it's built like a tank. I don't think you'd be disappointed with it.

dirobesh

Enlightened
I'm very fussy about the colour/output of my luxeon flashlights and nearly always manage to find faults. Nothing but a very big grin whenever I switch on my T3 (or X0) though.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

scr7b

Newly Enlightened
I also love my T3, just the other night I got up around 3am for a call of nature, and when I turned on the bathroom light, the bulb blew out. This caused a brief short circuit, and the circuit breaker for the lighting tripped. We had no lights at all, and the box with the breakers in it (called a consumer unit here in the UK) is located in the garage. I have to go outside to get to the garage and reset the breaker, and all our outside lights are on the same breaker as the internal lights... So I'm going out into pitch black to get to the garage. This is the first time I've used the T3 in full darkness outside. WOW! It's only slightly bigger than a 2xAA m@g, but the output is stunning!

Along with the build quality, this is an excellent value light. I paid around £36 UKP for mine, and consider it worth every penny.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blades has the right advise: Leave NOW or be a "Flashaholic !" You have been warned. Kiss away many $$$$
Otherwise, Welcome.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

All My Lights

Some Lights

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, since all the posts so far have been very positive, I'll be the Devil's Advocate. The T3 and XO3 are very 'cool' lights... not too big, immediately rewarding to hold and put out a lot of light. But, for a general purpose light, I believe that a lot of folks are better served with a lot of sidespill. The Nuwai QIII comes to mind. Or if you want to stick with the Inova lights the X5T, while not quite as cool or high tech, is probably a better overall 'around the house' light than the T3 or XO3. In complete darkness indoors, the extremely little side spill of the T3 and XO3 can almost be disorienting. As someone said, almost like looking around a brightly lit room through a hole punched in a piece of cardboard. The only thing that is illuminated is the hotspot of the light.

I guess as AFAustin said, be sure this is what you want.

davidra

Enlightened
I have a T3,and I'll second what everybody says about the build, quality, finish....it's a tank of a light. But the really crucial thing, as you'll find out when you hang around here a while, is what are you going to do with the light? Unfortunately, there is no perfect light. For inside and outside use, something like the SL TT2L comes to mind, or if you've got the money, an SF A2. But the T3 is not a great indoor light; it's a great throwing outdoor LED, one of the best.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
davidra said:
But the T3 is not a great indoor light; it's a great throwing outdoor LED, one of the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree - 100%. The XO3 is too bright, and has too little flood to be really helpful indoors. (Unless you live in a warehouse.) The Inova XO is a better indoor light, and others are better still.

nolight

Newly Enlightened
thx for the warm welcome, and tips everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
throw is what I'm looking for , so this sound perfect,

Thx for the tips Blade, but what's that saying about fish ?

"Hook, line, and sinker ?" LOL

anyway, already pull out the plastic, now waiting for aluminum T3&SL Jr to come

Oh boy, pretty soon, if I don't stop, I'll get to show off my light under the overpass LOL