It is not a rare as you might believe

DrPhoton

Newly Enlightened
Greetings and Merry Christmas all. I introduced Inova and Coast LED products into my Jewelry and gift store about a week ago. Of the approx. 100 items I stocked, only a few items are not sold out. People, [seems to be guys mainly] are fascinated with LED's. I have been a LEDoholic for goin' on 25 years. They seem to draw more interest than I ever imagined. I would say, way kewl. And I might say, I have seen no mention of Coast products on this site. They have introduced some very great LED products that are not even on their website yet.
Doc Photon

DrPhoton

Newly Enlightened
I too have been to Fry's in a number of cities. They do have a fair supply of Coast, but not any of the high outputs or tactical items. I found items that the sales rep didn't even know existed. The high outputs have a very unique lens. If someone will tell me how to post photos, I will.
Doc Photon

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
DrPhoton:

Welcome to CPF, and congrats on your new business success with lights. Did you try searching this site for "Coast"? It's right up there at the top of the screen next to "Main Index". Lots of stuff there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Coast has been mentioned a lot, they just haven't introduced anything really new and exciting in a while. You could also search for 'ledlenser', the company that manufactures the lights for coast.

Daniel

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to cpf DrPhoton!!

Stick around for a while and see what else is available for your store in the b/s/t/ and home-made b/s/t sections of the forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gorn

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
NewBie said:
Fry's Electronics carries lots of them also.

Mine has about 20 different Coast LED products.

[/ QUOTE ]

The local Fry's carries some high output Coast lights. They have a huge selection of them.

NewBie, I love the Fry's up there in Wilsonville. No sales tax and you don't need a translator to talk to the employees.

*Retired*
LMAO!

There are a few employees that have actually worked at the local Fry's for six years now, and know their stuff. Not like the college morons that can't figure their way out of a paper bag, and reguritate the latest flim-flam from HardOCP, knowing nothing of what they are talking about.

Ratso

Enlightened
My local Lowe's hardware has started stocking some Coast LED lights. They have an aluminum "tactical" light with Luxeon LED and powered off 3AAA batteries, which is fairly nice but seemed a bit costly (I think it was $59.99). I believe they also carry one powered by 3 N-cells with a Luxeon. The other models are mostly underwhelming multiple 5mm LED lights.

1-watt-3AAA-bkgnd.jpg