Where's Raggie?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where\'s Raggie?

Anybody heard from him lately? He hasn't posted in a week and didn't mention going anywhere without access. I hope he's doing OK.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Where\'s Raggie?

Thanks! He must not have internet access from there. This place isn't the same without him!

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah. The place feels a little stiff and weird without Raggie. I enjoy his creativity with words. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

raggie33

*the raggedier*

hello yep ia at moms.she is bed only ,she cant get out of bed,she lives up here now to god takes her to heaven,the cancer has moved to brain.its very hard to noit of seen her for years and when i do it is like this.i guess its not much longer now.today hopisce came i was hopeing we could get 24/7 care but its only like 3 hours per week it is just me and my sis,but my moms x my real dad has been helping.today we also go some kinda electric bed that has moveing air pockets and can raise feet or head.saterday my mom was a lot difent then she is today she cant walk now even with walker.and seems confused the hopsice people are bringing morphine and other stuff that is for bad pain realif and they say,when she gets real bad dont call 911 call hopisce.my mom is in dont resataltei havent slept in long time. just got phone yesterday at this house and interent today.i have no idea when i go home.hope ya all are well. eddie

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad to hear you're OK raggie, and all the best to you and your family.

Hornet

Newly Enlightened

This is weird on the way home from work today I seen the flashlight in the passenger seat and the first thing I thought of was Raggie hasn't been around. It surprising how material things trigger things.

Hospice is a great group of people they will take good care of your mother so get some rest when they are around. You deserve it.

Take your time with your family we will be here when you get the time to stop by.
Hornet

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Wow Ragzz, had no idea. Last you told me she was ill and wanted to see you...chin up good buddy, and when it does happen she will be in a MUCH better place (heck they don't even need flashlights up there!) where she will look down on you with a kind smile while remembering what you are doing for her now.

Happy holidays dude!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad that you appreciate your family, raggie-while you still can. Even with all of the "take-care" worries and aggravations that thei poor health brings.
The only family I ever had is gone now, but I'm glad I took care of them until the very end. I still miss 'em badly at this time of the year -especially since they passed on (both of them) in the same Christmas season.

-it gets a little lonely at this time of year for some folks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Raggie, glad to hear that you're ok. Many of us here have been through the same situation that you're going through right now, so you're not alone. Hang in there, keep checking in with us and take good care of yourself and your mom.

-pw

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Raggie, hang in there! They say it's part of life, but when it's personal, you're stuck with it. I lost my mother last year ("out of the blue" as she was in a home and it was a heart attack) and my father this year after a long illness. That one was harder for me, because I was there, and it really sucked! When the time comes, go outside and shine your light into the sky for a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Larry

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:
When the time comes, go outside and shine your light into the sky for a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this suggestion. Raggie, I'll do the same for your mom.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Of course our thoughts & prayers are with you and your family! We do miss you and understand what you need to do.

(tvodrd said:
When the time comes, go outside and shine your light into the sky for a while.)

me too...

raggie33

*the raggedier*

well morphine and other meds just got here(yes at 1030 pm) scared me.she is still outa a it from last meds. and she if i understand is still in pain. but she aint speaking clear. they forget the rails to her electric bed.i am scared she wont see xmas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gifbut i pray for her to be ok.darnmed guy scared me bad i didnt know they come so late. thank y all so much for listening i dont feel like talking to people in the house im afraid ill cry in front ogf em. didnt have pc axcess till today.well lastr night but they had my passwords wrong i only sleep very little now

junior

Enlightened

I was wondering how you were Raggie. Glad to hear you are doing well. You were on my mind.

Ill will you keep your family and you in my prayers.

DaGeek

Enlightened

Hey raggie!! Though I'm kind of new here you can always count on me for prayers.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm praying too raggie. It's so great that you are caring for your mum, but it sure does make it hard being close to somebody in that condition. I hope she isn't in too much pain, and that she enjoys the family, even if she can't say so.

God bless you man! You're in our prayers.

Cheers

Stan

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

Raggie,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
My Dad died on Christmas day 1999. Every Christmas since feels very sad without him smiling and laughing as he is opening up his gifts. He always appreciated whatever we got him and was a joy to have around. He was my best friend and I miss him dearly.
But I am comforted by the fact that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ and by his birth, death, and resurrection my Dad was able to be saved by accepting Jesus as his savoir. I have no doubt that Dad is in a much better place and one day I will be reunited with him again. I cannot wait to see his smiling face again.
I pray that God comforts you and your Mother raggie.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

raggie -

I know what you are doing is tough. It's good for your mom that you are there to help. I think it's also good for you to be there. Prayers sent. More coming.

Please check in when you can.

- Jeff