SF KL1 and E2O-HA

CQB

Enlightened
just got the KL1 (newest version) and E2o-HA as well.

As we all know SF is not consistent with their labelling on the actual FL's body - my E2O's laser etching is upsidedown compared to what they show on the SF website. But a nice surprise was that my E2O came with a clickie switch instead of the regular twisty switch.

The KL1 kicks ***! This tiny guy can throw! Not much spill though - this is truly a small-form thrower. The beam is a nice white with yellow on the outter edges. The hotspot is pretty much all there is to the beam. Even though the spill is negligible, the hotspot is rather LARGE so it's not like you are looking through a tunnel or anything. When I clear a room, I do have to sweep the FL side to side but not as much as one would initially think - IMHO.

I put the KL1 on the E2o and wow - that is one *handsome* FL indeed. Very sweet looking! But my original intention for the E2o is to host my AlephIII-HA - and THAT TOO is a very handsome FL if I do say so myself! I ended up putting the KL1 on my wife's E2e - that way she doesnt have to worry abotu bulb replacement, and also has a 4 hour runtime of relatively high output with gradual output thereafter, running up to 15 hrs, as per the literature.

I'm just very pleased with these two additions to my FL collection...! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Pardon the babbling... it's my bday so I guess that explains my jovial mood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Be safe.
CQB

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Birthday and congratulations on your newest acquisition! The new KL1 is very nicely machined.

CQB

Enlightened
tks KevinL! I wish getting older was always this fun! (getting new FLs always makes bdays more amiable!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Yes the KL1 *IS* very nicely machined! I am now curious if the KL4 is worth the investment as well. According to FlashlightReviews, the newer KL1 has twice the throw but the KL4 has three times the total output. Decisions decisions... i know i know... "buy them both"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

but i am already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif so maybe i will wait till 2005. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
CQB,

The L4 is worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Then there's the M6 and TW4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Lionhill

Newly Enlightened
Hey QCB
I'm in BC too. Where did you find this FL? I'm after the same configuration, but with the Aleph 30 ohm tail switch. What was your price if you don't mind me asking?

Lionhill

CQB

Enlightened
HogHead - thanks for the 'nudge'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif As we all know I will eventually cave in and get me a KL4... tsk tsk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Lionhill - where did I 'find' this FL? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I ordered a SF E2o-HA and KL1-HA from a vendor in the US: PlazaCutlery. Of course, you could also get these from one of the many CPF-sponsored/friendly vendors here in CPF. TacticalWarehouse & MeridianTactical Supplies come to mind. I went with PC b/c my sis-in-law lives nearby so she was able to pick my order up for me personally.

I love anything "Aleph". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Got me a AlephIII + E2o-HA from Chop - this is now my current EDC! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

My wife uses the E2e+KL1 (man, this is such a FINE piece of kit too!) I guess my subject line shoulda read E2e not E2o - my bad.

Good idea with the 30ohm switch.... too many possibilities, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

CQB

PS. Oh, you wnated to know the price for my E2o+KL1? Regular SF retail, actually (ouch!) but I really wanted these so... I got 'em! Happy but /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif .