Inova X5 more light then X5T

dave43

Newly Enlightened
After doing some research this is the conclusion I came to. Am I right in saying this, and the fact the the older X5 model is more desireable?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the older model is brighter (which I don't think they consistantly are) then difference certainly isn't worth seeking out an older one and certainly not worth any sort of premium. Basically, if the new one leaves you wanting more light output-wise, the older isn't likely to leave you gasping for breath with how well it fullfills your needs.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MoDestiny

Newly Enlightened
I have the original X5 and the newest version of the X5T. The X5T is noticeably brighter (but also bluer) than the original.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently recieved an X5 HA III (county Comm version) as a Christmas gift from someone (Thank you!!) and am wondering what kind it is. It has the hex design and the knurling on the tailcap are small diamond shapes formed by diagonal lines. It has momentary and of course, 5 5mm LED's.

MrMom

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF Dave.

My x1 is brighter than my x5t.

There are many excellent lights available so don't limit your search. The x5's are not high on my list of favorite lights to use.