Is Your CPF LI-ON Heart Scratched??

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Finally, after all this waiting, my lionheart is here!! It's a work of art, beautifully crafted design and workmanship. It's the best technology in existence by far.

It was packaged well and protected. I took it out and admire it's beauty. But wait... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Did I see a hairline scatch on my expensive light?! (CPF 120/125 Special Edition) aaaaah!! If I glance at it, I won't notice it. But if you scrutinize it closely with a flashlight (arc aaa) I can see scratches all around.

Do you guys have any problems like this? Or am I the unlucky one? Do you think I can exchange it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened
Hey, anyone out there?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a tool! This is not a solid gold Rolex. Use it. Love it. Don't fret over infintesimal scratches. You want one thats perfect, I'm sure Charlie can give you perfection for 5x the price. Then you'll have your Rolex.

Mark

MrMom

Enlightened
I examined both of mine under a 10X scope. What you may be seeing is the machining marks left by the lathe. I examined several SF lights and found the same marks although they are less visible due to the darker and thicker Ha. The machining on the LH is top rate and ultra fine...much finer than a mag. I have some import lights with very rough machining and tool marks, the LH is not one of them even though it was imported from Hawaii. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

I fully expect that one of my LH's will be covered with scratches and gouges because this light was not only built for looks, it was also built for use. I intend to use it hard and put it through the paces as I use lights both at work and during play.

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys that makes me feel a little better. But this is the CFP 120/125 Special Edition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Trev1960

Newly Enlightened
No scratches that i can see on mine, but so what ?
It is a flashlight that has beed built to be used, not to use it would be a true waste, heck I would wear a Solid Gold Rolex. Use it, and enjoy it, it will get a lot more scratched than it now.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Lion Heart is not scratched but there are a few visible tool marks from the manufactoring process. Don't worry about them and enjoy the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd imagine you can find similar hairline scratches on pretty much any enamel-like surface upon inspection.

nothing to worry about.

in Sevens case tho, it looks like someone took a staple remover made for very tiny staples to the tail of the light, LOL.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
My cpf also had a scratch on the bezal out of the bag.But it has already gotten some others as I use it daily.It is a nice tool.
Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

CPF Man, my black CPF Special Edition light has some light scratches (scuffs, maybe?) around the head. Being black it is expected. You might consider posting for a bare AL LionHeart. I've got a couple and love 'em. They'll get scratches faster than the HA versions, but you can buff them out. That might be the best case for you. In any case, minor scratches and scuffs on black surfaces are a fact of life. Lesson: never buy a black car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think on on close inspection any light will have some blemish, my E1e i lovingly refer to as finished in "rainbow" HA-III OD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif I got it new, and it was a good deal, but at retail or even the discount price it's not exactly cheap. I don't really mind, but wonder after yr's making that light could they not get all the pieces the same shade? So i could see the point in CPF man's
post somewhat. But for me light's are also a tool and i don't baby them.I do see that waiting on a hardcore, hand made very expensive light, you would want(near) perfection.
I have had guitars made that were pretty much perfect, and i bet CPF man probably see's a one at a time hand made product for that$$ should not have any blem's.
I also see the point that it is a tool and will become worn looking, and two nicks a yr from now aren't gonna matter much.VDG

red_robby

Enlightened
mine did have a nice scratch on the body, but i love my cub just the same, i would never think of sending him back...

MicroE

Enlightened
My bare aluminium LH now has lots of tiny little scratches on it. I have carried it and used it every day. It works great and that is all that really matters to me.
My HA LH came with some very minor machining marks on it that could only be removed by jewelry-like polishing.
Both of the LH's have top drawer machining and anodizing. I think you are being too critical.---Marc

Topper

Flashaholic*
Well I admit I did not check out of the box both my HA III NAT 118 & Black CPF 117/125 now have some scratches/tooling marks that are plain to see under the light of my SF M4.
I have no problem with that,both have been carried and used
and will be (one or the other) on a daily basis I do not care for "wallhanger do not touch" lights. Scratches and toolmarks just add Characture to me, sorry bout the spelling.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robban

Enlightened
If you find it too much to cope with I'm willing to take it off your hands. Free of charge! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif