Whoever started modding M*g lights should be shot

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just had to vent some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif. Since I got hooked on modding M*g lites, my M*g collection is expanding faster than a room full of rabits. I even stopped off at Fry's on the way home to pick up a couple.

Please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif Somebody refer me to a good therapist.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif I feel better now, but it will start all over again in the morning.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
shhh... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif don't tell them that I told you.

On the main page scroll down, you should see:

cpfspoof.png

I think someone should be able to help you.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Whoever started modding M*g lights should be s

Keven,

Very creative
rollin.gif
. I think I'm not the only one that thinks there should be such a forum. Maybe we can entice some closet flashaholic shrinks to come out of the closet and offer a group buy on therapy.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Group buy! Group buy!

(isn't that one of the signs you're hooked? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Besides, I think I have the unofficial motto figured out:

"CPF: Where we not only condone your addiction, WE FUEL IT!"

Empath

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

That's great, Kevin. That image would be a good candidate for the CPF calendar.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

and whoever shipped Sears their Maglite's should be shot too. i got an EverLED for Christmas and went there to get a 2D Mag. 1st one didn't work. 2nd one didn't work. 3rd one didn't work. so now i've gotta go back after Christmas and return it!

i'd rather be modding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Blinded,

You've got the worst flashlight karma I've heard of. Obviously, you have mistreated flashlights in a previous life. With my current addiction of modding M*g lites, I've got them comming out of my ears and have yet to get one that didn't work out of the box.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL.
it's been hell since i got this EverLED. it made crappola beams in two lights, didn't work in a headlamp i hoped it'd work in, then didn't work in any of the Mags i figured i could use it in (and it was the Mags that didn't work, not the EverLED), and now i wait. *sigh*

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Time to switch back to hot wire for those M*g mods. I just put a WA 1185 in a M*g 4C with 3 Pila 168A's, and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif, 1100 lumens.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

Ryan
you ARE putting batteries in these Mag Lites, Right?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

baylisstic

Enlightened

Jim, I have the exact problem. I now have two 3D maglites(bought them only a few weeks ago), a 2AA minimag, 2AAA mini and I had a solitaire.

Blind, are you sure it's not the everled bulb? The first bulb I got came in the wrong package. I got the diamond bulb(reverse polarity) that was packaged in the regular hd packaging. Fortunately, ledsupply.com was really cool about letting me return it for the correct version.

illumiGeek

Enlightened

Do you have the reverse polarity EverLED by chance (positive tip)?

I mean I know Mags aren't the world's greatest quality lights, but I find it very difficult to believe that you got 3 in a row that were bad. Something else must be going on here. I've modded loads of C & D Mags and haven't ever had a defective one. (Now the crappy Mini-Mag is another story...)

If your EverLED has a little diamond mark on it, it is tip positive and won't work in a Mag.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

the Maglites themselves didn't work. with the stock bulbs. it's not the EverLED.

i seriously got back to back to back non-working 2D Maglites, LOL.

but the EverLED might also be reverse polarity. i see the instructions that came with it are titled "LED Dynamics EverLED Bulb Replacement: Installation and Use Instructions V1.6 (positive tip)" but i know i didn't send my granma the link to the reverse polarity EverLED, i sent her the link to the Lambertian model. maybe they mixed it up @ LED Supply. altho upon checking the package it came in there's no indication of it being reverse polarity.

as far as the mark on the actual EverLED, i can't tell if it's a dot or a diamond. it looks pretty sloppy. the left half looks like it COULD be diamond-shaped, but the right side doesn't look diamond-shaped @ all. LOL.

this is way harder than it should be. *sigh*

Edit:
actually, does the Diamond version come in a Lambertian model, or only a SE? 'cause i've got a Lambertian right here. so if the Diamond version is only available as a SE then i guess i can rule out reverse polarity.