8 below zero

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
8 below zero

Its -8 F. here in Colorado right now and there is snow all over everything. I'm not sure about the official depth, but there's nearly 7 inches on top of the patio table out back.

How is it around your house?

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 8 below zero

whoa, it was an insane 50ºF today (it was fluttering around zero for a week b4 then), with alot of rain.

but right now we've got a wind warning for 35mph winds with gusts up to 60mph, and a flood warning calling for a rise of 1 to 3 feet, and ice jams. luckily i live on top of a hill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

but come to think of it, we usually do get some warm and rainy weather right around Christmas. then we get buried soon after, LOL.

how 'bout that ol' midwest tho? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic

23.0ºF outside

65.7ºF in this room. (It's 1 am so the thermostat has turned itself down. Incentive to go to bed. Which I am. Now.)

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brrrrrr.....

So, is it a white Christmas if there is snow on the ground, or does it have to be actually snowing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

iowa is freezing (not sure about the actual temp though...)

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

75 and sunny today in So Cal. Cooled off a little around dinnertime so I put on a long sleeved T. Little bit cooler - maybe 73 - tomorrow.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

No discussion of this subject would be complete without a comment from Wits'End. -up in NE Minnesota. :p

Luminosus

Newly Enlightened

It's 8 degrees now, but the temperature is supposed to go down later. We have about 16 inches of snow that is so heavy that our pretty powerful snowblower shut down. When the pickup truck snow plows came they couldn't even push the snow a couple feet, so they left and called in the big trucks. The streets are so bad that two heavy duty plow/salter/dump trucks got stuck at the end of the street. So a front a giant front end loader came. Then a garbage truck came to push and pull out the big snow plow trucks. A few trees are down in the neighborhood, and we lost four main limbs off our pine tree.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Last report I heard had it flurrying up around Livingston... All I know is the way I'm feeling, I ain't going outside. And it's approximately 65 inside.

It generally is few degrees warmer here on the Southeast side of H town then it is/would be downtown or farther north. Snow here ain't a bit likely!

It sure would make a shambles of this town!!!

illumiGeek

Enlightened

It rained yesterday so it was a bit cooler than usual. Maybe low 70's (F). Still a bit cloudy, but it looks like it's clearing up today.

Aloha, illumiGeek (Tim)

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

This morning, My wife and I drove from Birmingham, Alabame (17F) to Ocala, Florida (55F). All along I-10, we had freezing rain/sleet.
Ah, it's nice to be in Florida.

Latest posts