What is your Serial # for the KL1?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Mine is 304

Just curious if we can account for most of their sales here on CPF.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is 765 CE

Nice bluish hotspot with a slight greenish corona that is more noticeable with low batteries.

kl1z.jpg

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by Size15s:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

NICE. Did they ever make a #1?

Mine has CE on it, what does that mean? The fin part is very dark, almost charcoal while the part that holds the glass is regular HA color. Is this normal? is the charcoal part as tough as the rest of the light?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks Surefire M6,

I heard that was one of the hold ups on these getting out. I wonder how many don't have the CE. I don't know what the initials are for but it's the european equivilant of UL, sort of, I believe.

- Don

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It stands for Communité Européan, it`s French for...nah, I`ll let you guess
wink.gif

It`s all over our stuff too. It means our christmas lights have to have thick stiff awkward double insulated cord that makes them tangle worse and weigh down the tree more. And everything has to come with a 3 pin plug already fitted. Not sure how it applies to LED flashlight heads, perhaps it means the central finned part has to be darker than the rest? Wouldn`t surprise me if it were that petty.

Yes I know they`re thinking of our safety, but their improvements don`t always mean the end product is better for the consumer...

rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Chris,

The PCB in the KLx constitutes them as electronic devices. Since mine doesn't have CE, will I be blind folded and shot if I visit Europe? I bet Al's doesn't have CE either.

Al,
What is silence worth to you?

- Don

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd think maybe those safety folks would be more worried about the KLx's potential to interfere with other equipment with RF/EMF emissions since there's likely to be a coil in there somewhere. The sort of stuff the FCC checks for. I don't really think a KL1 would contribute much to starting or fueling a fire.

Maybe the CE rolls all these tests (fire/electrical/electromagnetic safety and ingress protection)into role of one certifying body?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hotfoot

You are precisely correct. PK explained the entire program. The CE rating certifies blah blah blah EMI radiation blah blah. It specifically address some MIL SPEC requriement, as well as FCC and FAA (think the new A2). Anything with an oscillator circuit will soon need this certification if it is sold to the military

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I haven't received my KLX-1 yet. Are you all happy with the brightness/beam color of your lights? Will you be writing reviews?

Brightnorm

Whistler

Enlightened
NICE picture, as always!
shocked.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif
icon14.gif

PS: AluminiumOvercast, I have sent you a PM.

EDIT: VERY nice pictures, you just added more...

PS: Haven't got received any of the KLx yet
frown.gif

RY3

Enlightened
Cool pictures AluminumOvercast.

Sorry if it has asked before but what with the color/colour of the KLx bezels? They are kind of grey, aren't they?

sstrauss

Newly Enlightened
282 CE, beam is kinda blue. Does anybody know if this bezel improves or decreases the water resistance?

I knew I should have ordered two of them.