Peak bezel help please....

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I recently received one of the Peak 3-LED AAA lights and noticed something odd with the bezel end.The bezel appears to be a 2 piece design with the section that screws into the body seperate from the housing that holds the 3 LED assembly.It appears that the LED section has been placed inside the bezel tilted to one side and is either potted in place or has epoxy holding it.I have 2 of these lights with one being perfectly centered and this one being tilted off center.It appears as if I could remove the Led housing I could re-center it and it would be just as nice as the one I have.
Has anyone here attempted dis-assembly of one of these units and if so how was it done?The unit is the old(round)style head with the lug prototype body.I got this on their discount page and dont think this light is under warranty.This is something I would not return if for regardless as I like the output and looks of the unit.Anyway thought I may try heating the head part however thought I would check here first to see if any tips could be given for removal...Thanks

Robocop

Still searching and have not found much on removing the Peak bezel...no one here has attempted this?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be surprised if it was two pieces rather than just one with a deep groove cut for a design, but i've taken the LED out of some single peak lights and it's all gooped together with epoxy (or something like it).. impossible to take apart non-destructively... however some of the ones i disassembled had a plastic sleeve around the LED which.. if the un-centered problem is that an LED or three aren't centered on the bezel, you can likely bend the led with the right implement (like a dental pick).

All that said.. email Peak, they have been very helpful answering any questions i've asked.

-awr

Robocop

Thanks for the help on this and by the way that mod you are working on is incredible....I am trying to think of a way to explain what I am saying.The actual Leds are perfectly center.It is the housing they are resting in that is off.Imagine placing the light head down on a flat table and allowing it to stand on end.It is tilted to one side when stood this way.The head part is higher on one side and it just looks crooked or funny.I have thought about filing it down but these Led have very little recess before I would contact one so I did not like that idea.It may be a design cut but it does look like it was a 2 part section and the head part was put in crooked.Anyone else here have one of the old style Peaks with the round head and 3 LEDs?My eyes may be tricking me but it looks like a sectioned type installation.