black E2e questions

logical

Newly Enlightened
I won a black E2e on Ebay and paid a bit more than i wanted to but I liked the black and thought they were pretty rare. I got an email, I think form a member here telling me I it is type 2 and not type 3 and that i could have bout a type 3 for $78 shipped. I thought the black E2e's were all type 3 and that only the tailcap on some was type 2. It's the E2 that's type 2 coating isn't it?

Is there a type 2 e2e-BK?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
As far as I know the E2e BK is HA. The E2 BK is just anodized and is not HA. If it's shiny it's not HA.

Size15s or one of the other experts can settle this for sure, but I of course think I'm correct. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

BTW: the E2e BK goes for a preimum price when you can find them.

rookie

Enlightened
The funny thing is that recently, someone on eBay was selling Black E2Es in the new Surefire boxes. Are they being re-released from Surefire?

Does anyone have more info? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arent black adonized E series highly sought after? I started a thread about these and people told me that they are darn rare.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Mags_despiser said:
Arent black adonized E series highly sought after? I started a thread about these and people told me that they are darn rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

The E2e BK and the E1e BK are the ones everybody wants.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
HogHead said:
The E2e BK and the E1e BK are the ones everybody wants.
............. so that they can take the E2D bezel and put it on the E1E BK to make the E1D.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sorry but I couldnt resist.

logical

Newly Enlightened
well..what i bought was definately a black E2e and sure didn't look shiney in the pics...we'll see.

I think my emailer was confused.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
logical said:
well..what i bought was definately a black E2e and sure didn't look shiney in the pics...we'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, He was.

logical

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
[ QUOTE ]
logical said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, He was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't gonna name names. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
logical said:
I won a black E2e on Ebay and paid a bit more than i wanted to but I liked the black and thought they were pretty rare. I got an email, I think form a member here telling me I it is type 2 and not type 3 and that i could have bout a type 3 for $78 shipped. I thought the black E2e's were all type 3 and that only the tailcap on some was type 2. It's the E2 that's type 2 coating isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the one you outbid on that flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You have to be careful on Ebay. Some Ebay sellers don't know there is a difference between an E2 and an E2E. They'll call the E2 an E2E, not realizing that the black on the E2 is only anodised, instead of the HA III anodising of the black E2E.

There was a seller on Ebay, selling black E2E-HA's, but they weren't. I emailed him, and asked for what was printed on the end of the box. Turned out, he was just describing what they appeared to be to him, as the box had E2E-HA printed on the end, instead of E2E-HA-BK. As dark as some HA III Surefires are , I can understand someone making that mistake, if they are not knowledgeable about Surefires.

oldgrandpajack

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
logical said:
[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
[ QUOTE ]
logical said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, He was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't gonna name names. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet he didnt realize that there was such a thing as a black HA. But thats just a guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

logical

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
oldgrandpajack said:
[ QUOTE ]
logical said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the one you outbid on that flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You have to be careful on Ebay. Some Ebay sellers don't know there is a difference between an E2 and an E2E. They'll call the E2 an E2E, not realizing that the black on the E2 is only anodised, instead of the HA III anodising of the black E2E.

There was a seller on Ebay, selling black E2E-HA's, but they weren't. I emailed him, and asked for what was printed on the end of the box. Turned out, he was just describing what they appeared to be to him, as the box had E2E-HA printed on the end, instead of E2E-HA-BK. As dark as some HA III Surefires are , I can understand someone making that mistake, if they are not knowledgeable about Surefires.

oldgrandpajack

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured a grandpa would be in bed too early to do anything about me outbidding him so late at night...I had noticed it was you.

And for anyone who wonders, I'm gonna take this E2e-BK and do with it the same as I do every other rare light I have,,,,,I'm gonna use it.