lasered a UFO with my 173MW!! NO JOKE!

shadow_of_chaos

Newly Enlightened
i just posted on a british UFOLOGY site, just thought youd people would like to hear this.. finally.

as me my father and sister left the house in the car we only went around the corner and i noticed this really big star like object in the sky.. i am one for looking in the sky since i am interested in UFO's, as soon as i seen it i knew it wasnt normal.

The sky was clear, it was coldish.. and only hours later did it cloud over and snow ( Tonight )

I quickly said to my sister to look at what was out the window and i said it was a UFO almost instantly, so i told my dad to stop the car and we did.. we all got out to take a closer look, it was moving quite slow and you could tell that it wasnt a star,i gave my glasses to my dad as he didnt have any on or any contact lenses in and even he finds it very odd looking.. as soon as i noticed what it was i told my dad to rush us back to the house so i could get my camcorder to film what we were seeing, but as soon as we started driving away my sister said that the object had broken up into pieces, i got out of the car again and looked in the sky and noticed at least 2 small pieces that had broken off what was originally seen.. i immediatly didnt want to miss the chance to see what would happen if i pointed my new green 173Mw laser at this UFO.. i was thinking, ok.. this definatly is not a normal aircraft.. so i shone the laser into the sky and tried to hit the now very dim dot in the sky and i managed to hit it at least 3 times as when i did the whole bottom half of it just lit up all green and metallic.. after that it just disappeard and we seen nothing else unusual that night.

if you ask me this is the strangest thing that i have ever seen.. and i am very P***ED that i have yet missed another chance to film a UFO.

You cant tell me now that this was a laser projected object.. this was real, and i know its a coincidence of what i had seen.. and i dont have any hard evidence but the proof is here.. in my mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

as a note, id just like to say that my father is usually very skeptical about these things.. and even he had never seen anything that looks even remotely that odd.

and dont think i am trying to lase any normal aircraft, i made sure it was CERTAIN it wasnt normal.

Raccoon

Enlightened
OMG! You killed Santa!

You *******!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Raccoon said:
OMG! You killed Santa!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he must'a lasered the bottom of the sleigh. Luckily he didn't scare the p**p outta the reindeers!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

shadow_of_chaos

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CliffS said:
Now THIS is the best use for a laser yet!

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this? more sarcasm? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
With all the doubt in the world, it is hard to believe your story. I respect your views on these extra terrestrials but I dont believe in them. I dont wish to insult you or anything, but are you sure that what you saw could be something else? Perhaps an illusion of some sort?

shadow_of_chaos

Newly Enlightened
ok, as you all know i couldnt get images of what i and 2 family members around me saw.. but to the best effect i did try and do a small drawing in windows paint showing how it went.. here are the images.

stage1.JPG

stage2.JPG

stage3.JPG

So now that i managed to actually hit one, people think i seen an illusion and not a laser projector this time? pff.. i didnt know 3 ppl could see an illusion that looked the same twice, funny looking illusion to me..

shadow_of_chaos

Newly Enlightened
do people like to be sarcastic or is it just anything to get their post count up?

Someone plz explain, that if you think what i really saw in all its strangeness was a normal aircraft then why didnt the pilot turn his craft around and come check out the beam i was hitting it with instead of carry on moving slowly away and just disappear suddenly?

exactly.. you cannot answer that can you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, I mean no disrespect but I doubt you find many believers in this forum.
The thing is, whatever you saw could have been anything, ranging from spec op parachutist training to a beer commercial blimp...
Even if it were an extra-terrestrial creation, I don't think it'd be very wise to lase it.
Again, no offense meant.

shadow_of_chaos

Newly Enlightened
1) they have no blimps in the UK as such, only hot air balloons.. and it definatly was NOT one of them.

2) it was too large to be anything of a parachutist..

and 3) there are no craft that can be joined together at first and be at least 2x brighter than a star and magically just break into 2 pieces and slowly fade away into the distance.

and if your wondering it was not a comet or anything simular.. it went way too slow to be a comet. impossible.

when they were split they had a small pulsating core, nothing here can do that!!.

Just understand that i dont take drugs, or dont even smoke.. i avoid that crap at all costs.
I keep my head as clear as possible.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Shadow, I was just having some holiday fun; no disrespect intended. I've seen things in the sky that I can't explain either. Having a scientifdic bent, I try to keep my mind open to all reasonable possibilities. I will usually try to rule out everything else before I decide that something is a UFO. It seems that you have gone through this process in this event and I can respect that.

Raccoon

Enlightened
Sorry s_o_c, I meant no disrespect. It's just that your sighting was good timing for a Santa joke.

But whose to say that wasn't Santa... I mean, we have no proof this guy who flies around above rooftops isn't of extra-terrestrial origin. Rudolph's shiny nose might be one of the red blinkies on the UFO people saw many generations ago. And the Elvs, I mean, little green people... right?

Anyway, please lase responsibly. I wouldn't want to miss out on Christmas presents next year because you went and blinded Santa-ET.

j/k

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Raccoon

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I lased a UFO a few years ago, but I only had 11.6mW of green radiation at 532nm to work with. Let's see if I can snag the text I wrote for a UFO reporting website that night...BRB...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-18-01
Two yellow-amber spheres; one disappeared slowly, the other changed direction, stopped, & vanished.

While observing the meteor storm, and about ten minutes after sighting a large, crescent shaped object (see previous report), I spotted a yellow-amber colored sphere or circular oject flying slowly from east to west. There were no apparent lights on it, so at first I figured it must have been a balloon or a plastic bag caught up in a breeze. It flew slowly in a straight line, and slowly disappeared as it flew out over the water. Plastic bags usually don't do this and aircraft normally have lights on them (this did not), so I shot at it with a 11.6 milliwatt 532nm (green) DPSS laser while it was moving away from my position, but did not see any light reflected back.

Since I can see the beam from this laser slicing through the sky at night, targeting was not an issue; it simply didn't reflect any of my green light back to me.

About a minute later, I saw another, smaller one; going in approximately the same direction at approximately the same speed and in approximately the same flight path as the first.

I shot this one with the laser as it was moving off as well, and *did* manage to hit it several times as I saw the green dot light up on what I believe to be its underside. After I'd hit it four or five times, it slowed down to almost a stop, abruptly turned to the north, and started moving again; only more slowly. I half expected the thing to start shooting back at me; but instead, it slowed down again and came to a complete stop. By this time I'd thrown the laser to the floor and kicked it under the bed. Then the UFO just hung there stationary like a one of several of the other stars visible near its position.

After observing it stationary in the sky for 25-30 seconds, it simply winked out as if somebody kicked the plug out of the wall.

There were no visible light sources on them (they appear to have been illuminated solely by reflected light from below), no sound was detectable, and no moving parts were visible. Their color was sodium yellow; so they may have actually been white or light grey in color; and reflecting light from the sodium vapor lamps illuminating the streets in this area. And both objects had a slow and rock steady flight; not fluttering, rocking, wavering, rotating, or changing speed/direction except as noted earlier.

The size of the first one was approximately that of a small dress shirt button held at arm's length; the second one appeared to be about half that size.

The laser I used has an effective range of only a few thousand feet with this amount of light pollution in the area, so the altitude of the object I actually hit had to be ~3,000 feet or below for me to be able to easily see the spot on it.

Both objects traversed about 50° worth of sky (a mile or two if they were at this low an altitude) before disappearing.

I attempted to take pictures, but neither object was large or bright enough to show up on my cheap digital camera. The pictures came out as just digital noise.

I watched the meteor storm & the sky intently for approximately another 90 minutes after this sighting, and did not see anything else out of the ordinary.

I am a full-time museum curator & product evaluator, I do not use drugs, and I haven't consumed any alcoholic beverages since mid-September. And I know I wasn't just seeing things.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

paulr

Flashaholic
I think Shadow of Chaos hit an aircraft. I'm convinced now, they should ban those high powered lasers before somebody gets hurt.

shadow_of_chaos

Newly Enlightened
Photon wrangler & raccoon dont worry about it, i just sort of dont like it when people disbelieve.. i know anyone has the right to though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

and to paulr, that was no normal aircraft.. it did not come to investigate the light, therefor meaning whatever or whoever was the pilot of that craft was not bothered by it.

I would not even think about hitting an aircraft that could endanger human lives.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand that you believe you saw a UFO, however there are multiple possibilities to what you witnessed could actually be.

Do you actually have a permit to operate you class IIIb laser on public property?

PLEASE, everyone be responsible, especially with that high of a power laser. A 5 mW unit is one thing, but we are talking about a 170+ mW unit. If that had been a plane, and you blinded the polite, you could have very well gotten a ban put on all class IIIb lasers. All it takes is one person, that makes one mistake to effect everyone. Please, everyone, think before you act. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
I think Shadow of Chaos hit an aircraft. I'm convinced now, they should ban those high powered lasers before somebody gets hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I am starting to agree with you, I would think it better to have some sort of permit required to purchase and operate high powered lasers. While 99.9% of the people that do have high powered lasers are responsible individuals, its the other .1 percentage that you need to worry about.