Quidam led torch

Shrek

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Im new to this so I ll just jump in with both feet!

Im in Brisbane , Australia and I saw the cirque de soliel "Quidam" show and the seating ushers were using some kind of single Led, single AA aluminium machined torch with a push button switch on the end cap. It was straight bodied without a bell at the lens end and was a grey metal color.
The thing that caught my attention was that the torch appeared to have some kind of convex lens which threw a very solid spot.
From chest height, the torch threw a spot about 12 inches diamter on the floor and it was a perfect circle with absolutely no peripheral light at all outside of the spot and the spot itself was completely solid without any abberations or circles or spots whatsoever.

It had no markings on it at all apart from the engraved no. 11 for the particular usher who was using it.
no make or model at all.

Im really interested in getting one so if anyone has a clue to what it is...pls email me ([email protected]) Id be really grateful.

Thanks guys!

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shrek

Welcome to CPF
Mind me asking how much did they want for it,
I recently bought an Inova X1 for about $15 US,
it is much cheaper to buy a few things in one order
than it is to buy a single item Postage works out better this way. I used to live in Newfarm Brisbane, then migrated to Melbourne

Shrek

Newly Enlightened
hey guys,

thanks for the replies and you were right!
thats exactly what the torch was... ive ordered one on ebay stateside for $15 US. After postage and insurance, it ends up beeing about $25 US.
Torchboy... Im in Shailer park which is southside Brisbane and the Cirque de soliel guys werent actually selling them, their ushers were using them to seat us.
For your info though.. their $65 Aus at the disposals in Elizabeth st in the city.
Gettin it for pretty much half price on ebay.
Im probably just gonna keep it for general use, camping and work (broadcast tech).

Thanks for all your help guys!