Light for Wife (Inova T4?)

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to get a light for my wife. She is a school bus driver and part of her duties include checking oil on the bus, etc. underneath the hood. I made the mistake a while back of "borrowing" to her my modified Stinger HP. It has custom battery packs and an Ultrastinger buld. Now she says she doesn't want to give it up because it is so bright. (She doesn't want anything to do with the flashlights they provide at the school bus garage.) So, anyway, I obviously need to get something to give her so I can get my modified Stinger back where it belongs. (In my car or hands!) I have been looking at the Inova T4. I want something that is

-LED

-rechargeable

-not huge like a SL-20XP/LED

Do you folks think that this would be a suitable light for this application?

If not, what light would be more suitable and why? Island Security T4 Page

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
JAS,

Since she likes bright, why not make her a light similar to yours? I wouldn't want to discourage any interest in lights. I understand the battery pack may be hard to get, but I doubt she's interested in runtime as long as the light works for her.

My wife has several lights, but she reaches for something "bright" every time whether it's the right tool for the job or not.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have pretty high hopes for the T4, but so far haven't scared up a single person who's gotten their hands on one to try out or test. Anyone out there who has?

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK- Not LED but I am was a huge LED fan until I got one of these!
Streamlight Strion. I love this little light! Great brightness to size ratio. Small and bright with about 60-70 minutes of runtime. I ran it for 45 minutes a couple of days ago and could not eyeball any difference in brightness. The lithium-Ion battery really helps put out a steady brightness level.

Radagast

Enlightened
You COULD let her keep your light and buy yourself a new toy
icon_daz.gif