How Many Of The First TnC "N" Cell Lights?

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
How Many Of The First TnC \"N\" Cell Lights?

I just scored an original pre-production TnC N cell light. This thing is a jewel! Brock, (Jets22), told me this example was the brightest he had ever seen and brighter than the production models. He was so right because the only thing I can compare the beam to is my KL5 which is the "whitest" and best beam I've ever seen! Of course this is a smaller version of the KL5's beam but it is white and artifact or "donut hole" free just like the KL5 with beautiful spill. It's marked "TnC #003" on the tailcap so I figure they didn't go over 100 examples. How many of the pre-production N cells were made?

cy

Flashaholic
Re: How Many Of The First TnC \"N\" Cell Lights?

think 26 of the aluminum protos were made. Muts got #26.

just traded #P-06 and have regretted ever since. was my EDC just before switching to Li14430. whoever ended up with # P-06 got a wonderful light!

Mini pill were marked with ARCmania instead of TNC/MJ. reflector had better throw, due to no orange peel.

also had 3 thread vs 5 for later tubes

83Venture

Enlightened

I have P-10, very nice. One of the best I have, beam quality is simular to my VIP. Nice to be able to use rechargable N and AAA cells. I seem to be slipping into getting variable power/rechargable lights now adays. Must be tired of buying batteries all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zvi

Newly Enlightened

I got #2

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks guys for the info. As I thought about this after I made this thread, the number of "27" protos seems to come to me and I must have read that somewhere. I'm really pleased with this tiny thing and the beam quality really is superb!

AS I said, my particular KL5 is the only one of my luxeon based lights that I can compare this beam to but like all luxeons, I've read where L5/KL5 owners have been less than pleased with their examples. Same goes with the U2. I guess the "luxeon lottery" will continue on for some time.

All in all, this is one tiny marvel! I'm really hoping more manufacturers will jump on the tiny but bright luxeon bandwagon!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

After a lot of searching the correct number is 26. In a way Brock's number of 25 is correct because Chris kept #1 so there were actually only 25 sent out.