• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: LuxV Mag, BB917, $115 shipped

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Great After Christmas Sale continues....

I'm bleeding red ink on this one but I need to move it. It's a WX1T Luxeon V based Mag, with a BB917 converter in a 4D housing. The nice thing about this particular Mag is that it is compatible with lots of battery configurations - it was originally run on 4 alkaline Ds, and it can be re-sleeved for the following configurations:

5 x AA NiMH for adequate runtime and incredibly light weight
5 x C NiMH for even more power and moderate weight
5 x C alkaline
4 x D NiMH for awesome runtime, normal weight

Making a sleeve is as simple as rolling the stack of batteries in paper, taping the paper into place, and popping it in. That's what I do for the ultralightweight 5AA config - if you want the sleeve, let me know.

Since this is one of the rare W-bins, it is seriously bright, and it gets even brighter because it's overdriven to 917mA.

I take Western Union MOs (sender pays fees) and Paypal (add $0.30 + 3% for CC Paypal). PM for address. Shipping is included ANYWHERE I can reach by airmail.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LuxV Mag, BB917, $115 shipped - takes AA/C/D batts

I know it's big, but I'm paying for shipping and I ship international.... and I dropped the price anyway.. $115!

oad4cookbook-18.jpg

oad4cookbook-19.jpg

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wish I could. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif That was one of the things that I wanted to do with it myself, except I wanted a 3C and 3 x NiMH, but I can't 'downsize' the Hotlips... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I've always thought of the Mags as suitable platforms for things OTHER than the expensive little CR123s... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Currently reserved by an earlier PM.. will let you know if it becomes available.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

AA NiMH, $2 apiece.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif yes, Sanyo 2100s too!

Somehow I never really got over that "CR123s are expensive" feeling even though I'm a repeat Batterystation customer.. I always think twice before I pull another two cells from the pack. Maybe it's psychological. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

But there's this ridiculous bang-for-the-buck that AA NiMH deliver.. two discharges and everything is subsequently FREE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LuxV Mag, BB917, $115 shipped - takes AA/C/D b

I got 12 AA Nexcell nimh 1800's a while back from Amondotech for $10.
They all still work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif