Surefire shipping, and lamphead longevity

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just placed an order for a Surefire Centurion C3 HA and a P91 high output head assembly. This is Surefire #2 for me, the first being an L4, which is probably the more useful for me, but who cares? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was going for enough power to fry the Deathstar, if necessary.

Anyway, according to SF the P91 200 lumen assembly runs for 20 minutes on 3 CR123 cells, which implies that turkey is working pretty danged hard. How long can I expect the lamp to run before it pops?

And oh yeah - how quickly does SF ship?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The figure usually quoted for SureFire lamp lifespan is about 25 hours. In reality, I've never had any die before 25 hours use and all those that have been used longer than 25 hours are still going.

That said, then the inside of the bulb starts to yellow or become "dirty" it means the filament has become weaker and it would be a good idea to change it out to the spare (it's ways a good idea to have a spare lamp).

Al

Luminosus

Newly Enlightened
MikeLip, I ordered a few things from Surefire on Nov. 30th and they were backordered, so I haven't recieved them yet. Of course, it is probably because it is Christmas time and everybody is ordering stuff.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get some Pila 150s rechargables for your new light sabre, they last about 20 minutes with the P91 too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll do that, thanks! Running off primary cells is OK if I have an hour burn time, but 20 minutes absolutely requires rechargables!

Mike