Midget flange bulb?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
midgetflange.gif
Midget Flange lamps are small T1-3/4 lamps typically low powered and used as pilot lamps in illuminated switches, they have been around for years and are less common now, but still made. Looking rather like that one over there....

I`m not aware of high power versions suited to flashlights, but obviously there are some and Streamlight use them in their Junior light.

tongue.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
Midget Flange lamp">Midget Flange lamps are small T1-3/4 lamps typically low powered and used as pilot lamps in illuminated switches, they have been around for years and are less common now, but still made. Looking rather like that one over there....

I`m not aware of high power versions suited to flashlights, but obviously there are some and Streamlight use them in their Junior light.
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I use that exact type lamp from a Dorcy "mini-bright" 1 AA Key flashlight as my premier
test lamp (with a lead and alligator clip), to see how much starch my batteries really have left in them.
-The light from this bulb is shone on my G.E. analog meter for the reading.

Btw- this little bulb draws 410mA, and, used in the tiny flashlight it came in, is the brightest $2.59 incand. light I've ever seen.

Velcro

Enlightened
I was visiting the Streamlight website looking for the specifications on their Junior light to see what kind of bulb it uses. The website states "Midget flange based bulb". This sounds fairly new to me. Can someone tell me what a midget flange bulb is? Judging by the name, I guess it is something in between a T-1 and a standard flange bulb, right?

Greetings,
Velcro

Velcro

Enlightened
Chris, thanks for the info. I know I'm a little late with this, I guess I got distracked by all the new topics. My excuses for that.

Greetings,
Velcro

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
midgetflange.gif
Midget Flange lamps are small T1-3/4
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Tektite incandescent flashlights all use this kind of light bulb as well.
Not sure where to get replacements, except through Tektite.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tektite incandescent flashlights all use this kind of light bulb as well.

Thanks for pointing that out- they didn`t send me any incandescents aside the extremely impressive Trek 6000 which of course, uses a PR type lamp.
Maybe once I finish up with their current lot of reviews, they`l send some more for me to play with, er, evaluate?
wink.gif

tongue.gif

Latest posts