Susita 12-LED Military Flashlight

kenton

Newly Enlightened
I just received a 12-LED flashlight (takes 3 D batteries) for Christmas. The package it came in is entirely in another language (maybe German but I'm not sure). The person who bought it for me got it from some gagdet site (igadget.com or egadget.com or something like that). It says Susita on the flashlight but nothing else. I've been able to find very little information on it via Google and the couple of flashlight review sites I've checked have nothing listed under Susita.

I don't know much about flashlights (but I'm reading up as quickly as I can). I'm just wondering if this thing is a piece of junk or high quality flashlight (he paid $40 for it). It works OK but I've never used an LED flashlight before so I don't have anything to compare it with performance-wise.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hrmm... never heard of it myself, but I just typed 'susita flashlight' in a search engine and I mostly come up with a flashlight/stun gun combo.

Does it look anything like this:

p0003969g.JPG

nobody

Newly Enlightened
This one maybe?
igadget_1824_18230622

Looks like a pretty decent light to me.

edit-got to work on internet skillzzzzz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do have some interesting items on that site. But that formentioned flashlight doesn't look as it if could handle a fire fight.

chiphead

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
Then we enlisted the assistance of Space-age solid state circuitry allowing batteries to last 10 times longer than regular flashlights. Finally, we encased this incredible technology inside one of the toughest cases ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Chances are the "solid state circuitry" is the LED's. If it runs on three D's it is probably direct drive. Which isn't bad, just deceptive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Autobaun light looks pretty interesting. Sort of like my Eternalight EliteMax, but more mass.

chiphead