SureFire Red Laser

slick228

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody own a SureFire Visible Red Laser Sight (L72)? If so, what's your opinion on the quality of this laser? How does it fair against other high-end lasers? I conducted a brief search, but I wasn't able to find anything.

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be more interested in their green one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

slick228

Newly Enlightened
I also found the laser page on SureFire's website, but I wanted first hand opinions from people who owned or handled the actual laser.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
You are obviously not looking on the right forums (visited by the right sort of person) to find user information regarding SureFire's Laser Products. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mostly, the ones I have read online are from civi owners and since SureFire's Lasers are not aimed at civi markets the numbers of posting civi users is rather small.

Simply put, I believe the general concensous is that SureFire makes the finest Laser aimers in the world.

Others such as Laser Devices make excellent Laser aimers but SureFire's Laser Modules are part of their WeaponLight Sytems and therefore have the world of mounting options, housings, combinations, and switch options which are very attractive in many professional situations.

I have been loaned and used a SureFire Laser (on a handheld) body. It was extremely imnpressive. Very clean, tight dot. Brighter than any other laser I had to compare.

The Laser Modules can screw directly into the MH90 (Millennium Series Universal Housing), or even U2 body.
I believe the preferred mounting option is to have the Laser Module mounted in-line with the barrel (on top).

SureFire uses a different method of adjusting the laser beam compared to other manufacturers. Two lenses adusted using lockable dials are set. Because the dials are etched with graduations, the Laser Module can be removed and replaced, or even transferred between WeaponLight mounts and various weapons.

Al

Latest posts