NEOCA BL CR2 (CNC Shop photos in B/S/T)

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, at this time of the year I curiously have plenty of time as opossed to many of my friends /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif so I designed a new NEOCA family member:

NEOCA CR2 Black Lipstick, or short: NEOCA BL

Here are the first renders, I'll try to start turning the parts tomorrow:

neoca-lateral.jpg

neoca-diag.jpg

neoca-arriba.jpg

neoca-corte.jpg

neocacr2bl.jpg

(base > o-ring > cr2 > badboy > dissipator > emitter > nx05 > glass > o-ring > head)

The unit will use 3w emitter and a badboy converter. I already purchased a couple of 500mA boards for prototyping, but I probably change one of them to 350mA to avoid excesive heat.

The body is 56mm (2.2") tall when is powered and 20mm (0.79") diameter. The total estimated weight including the CR2 battery is 40 grams (1.41 oz)

It will be made of 7075 aluminium alloy and hard anodized black. ( edited see 1/11/05 update in this post )

If you see some resemblance with the Katokichi light, this is not casual, I cannot afford one (as many other CPF members) thats why I designed the NEOCA BL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I have to put a price for this unit in a production run, I'm sure it will be around $100-150

Hope you all like it

EDIT: 12/31/2004

Price is settled at $135, it includes: Black HA3 unit, standard Badboy converter, mA rating of the board is chosen by you, turned down nx05, UCL protective glass. The board can be changed for a Nextgen if you're willing to pay the Shoppe difference. Battery is not included. And maybe some nice surprises /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Explanation of the NEOCA name:

Its a mix of Buenos Aires Slang/Spanish/English, I'll try to explain:

Caño=Spanish for tube (pronounced caneo)
Ñoca= slang for caño, many words in our slang are reversed from the original
Neo=prefix, derived from Greek that means new or recent.
Neoca=english phonetic equivalent of caño /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT: 1/1/2005

<font color="red">HAPPY NEW YEAR - FELIZ AÑO NUEVO</font>

EDIT: 1/11/2005

I changed the collimator, the unit will ship with a s017xa reflector instead of the NX05.

For the ones that added the names to the list up to #45 and still want the NX05 I'll honour your option, but no more will be accepted.

The new design simplifies the building process a lot and I like the beamshot more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, the unit will be made in 6061 Aluminium.

EDIT: 1/13/2005

NEOCA BL - Primera Edición - PREORDER

Pablo

simbad

Enlightened
Re: Introducing NEOCA CR2 Black Lipstick

Good news Pablo, I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

kj

Enlightened

Looks nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif and I actually saw a remarkable resemblance with the inner structure of the Katokichi Ichishiki flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif BTW, your projected price is also similar to the Ichishiki because Katokichi himself has been selling the standard version of Ichishiki at $110 or so.

phoneguy

Enlightened

Well let me be the first to say I want one(maybe two)Keep me posted.
Bryan

sebast

Enlightened

I'm in if there is a list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened

Very cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif In for one too please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the response guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I need a volunteer to keep the list as it grows.

I will try to post some photos of at least one piece late today.

Pablo

Cones

Enlightened

#1 Phoneguy
#2 Phoneguy
#3 G Pilot
#4 esig
#5 gman
#6 Luff
#7 Sylvestor
#8 Amorphous