Blue laser @ ebay

Guliver

Newly Enlightened
Hi There,
It's kinda high, I bought a 20mW blue argon a few months back..I think I paid like 250.00 for a Uniphase argon head which was brand new...and 100.00 for the power supply..and another 55.00 for a REALLY good fan (a must). that one there in the auction really small fans run on it..running it into overtemp..bad for the tube..hard on the supply...OBTW my argon will do 65mW at full tilt but run it about 25mW most of the time..these are usually rated conservitivly at 20mW...keep searching you will find a better deal.
marconi

Guliver

Newly Enlightened
Yes..it was new in the box with the factory test sheet..from eBay , every now and then I see the same seller with one up for sale...last one went for 199.95 ...good deal. i picked up the power supply from someone else for I think more like 65.00 but I had to repair it..(fuse).
But I see those go for around 100.00...they can be had (cheap)...
marconi

Guliver

Newly Enlightened
Oh, I forgot to add..I had to build the interface for it..It was real easy..Sam's laserfaq had all the info needed..consisted of a two switches and a pot ,couple of resistors ,25pin db connector and mounted all in a box and presto.

kakcoo

Newly Enlightened
Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Can you take som pics of your blue laser compared to a geen and a red laser?

Alexander Lillevik

Guliver

Newly Enlightened
Glad to meet you Alex...but I will havta post later as I must leave for dinner, They are on my hard drive here somewhere...I will find them when I get back.... Very pretty 488nm blue.
Charlie (marconi)

Quazar

Enlightened
Dont forget that as it has multiline optice fitted, the 50mW of power will only give about 20 mW of blue. Look out for ALC 60X lasers. They are capable of 70-80 mW blue and 125 mW green output.

Guliver

Newly Enlightened
Ahh Quasar , your right.....I see it is a MLA ..If it hasnt been abused , It just may well be worth the money,..Mines a single line blue and measures up to 65mW at 488...at 10amps drive..but I only do this in short spurts as I want this head to last..Sometimes wish I had a multiline , but if I was to get one It'd have to be adjustable..filters can be a PITA...
Marconi