got me a sony himd player

raggie33

*the raggedier*
so far i love it.it sounds so damn good.i only encoded at 48 bit to lol.all i can say is ya have to listen to it to understand how good it sounds.and 48 is a very very low biterate i now give sony himd a raggie thumbs up

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
48?If I code below 64 they sound horrible. I usually do 96.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
arewethereyetdad said:
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
mz nh600d

[/ QUOTE ]

RAGGIE! Glad to see you back on the threads, my man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]thanks its been a rough year.but im so glad my mom will no longer suffer.cobb i didnt know there was a 96 bit atrac?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still using a 3rd generation unit (MZ-R50) and have debated upgrading. What are you recording options (fiber optic, analog)? Are there issues concerning data version from mp3 to ATRAC?

chiphead

BobVA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chiphead said:
I'm still using a 3rd generation unit (MZ-R50) and have debated upgrading. What are you recording options (fiber optic, analog)? Are there issues concerning data version from mp3 to ATRAC?
chiphead

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you won't find anything as pretty! I've got an R-50 (blue) and it's one of the nicest looking bits of kit I own.

But I've also shifted to a Hi-MD player. I've got the NH900 and it has line, mic and optical digital in, plus download via USB. Not sure what you meant by your last question. If you want to know if the PC software will transcode MP3 to ATRAC, the answer is yes. You don't even have to let it store the transcoded file on the PC.

I just recoded about a hundred tracks from my iPod directory to one 1GB MD, only took about 20 minutes or so. I'm using the SP Hi-MD format which gives me about 450 minutes on 1 GB MD.

At least this one (and I'm pretty sure all Hi-MD recorders) transparently reads/writes older MD formats including (LP2, etc.)

If you reformat a regular MD in Hi-MD format you can get a significant increase in storage capacity, too.

Cheers,
Bob

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i am very picky and . this is still the best player ive owned.and i had like every player out.ipod is my second fav i had a 3g ipod.but to my ears this sounds better and i like the battery option in this better