Is it possible to have more than one Task Bar ???

jtice

Flashaholic
I am wondering if there is a way to have more than one task bar, or somethign very similar to it.

I have a third monitor on the way, and would like a taskbar on each monitor. ... yes, I said third monitor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Any programs out there I can use for this? THAT ARE NOT RESOURCE HOGS.

Thanks

~John

Stefan

Enlightened
From what I know it is possible. Under video properties (right click the desktop>properties>settings) there is a box for extending desktop onto this monitor.

The only thing you said that didn't quite make sense is a third monitor. I must be living a bit in the past. In order to have more than 2 displays doesn't your video card need to support it? Last I checked the maximum output ports on monitors is 2 VGA ports, and maybe a s-video port (if lucky).

Luff

Enlightened
Re: Is it possible to have more than one Task Bar

jtice:

I'm a very satisfied customer of True Launch Bar. It offers multiple toolbars, each customizable with menus, shortcuts, and some very worthwhile free plug-ins (weather monitor, process monitor, mail monitor, etc.) Minimal resource hit ... only slightly more than the Microsoft version.

I've used it on multiple monitors. 2nd monitor was set up with a toolbars on the right side and at the top, rather than the bottom.

It's on sale now @ $14.95 (and worth much more to me).

You should take a look: True Launch Bar

jtice

Flashaholic

Stefan,

What you discribed, I am already doing,,,, BUT, that doesnt make teh task bar go on the second monitor, only your desktop is expanded to the second monitor.
I'm an expert on dual monitor by now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But Windows is limited to what it can do with them.

Yep, most vid cards can only do 2 monitors. ..... but, who said i only had one vid card? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You can have as many vid cards as you have slots for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Luff,
If that program lets me have different bars on differnet screens, that might be PERFECT ! thanks, I will check it out the next couple days.

teststrips

Enlightened

I really like the program UltraMon. It puts a task bar on each monitor when in multiple monitor configs.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

heres an idea, get two more computers for those monitors! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif