My L4 box says 67 lumens?!

Mr HG

Enlightened
I was going through my surefire boxes today and noticed that my Surefire L4 box was labeld 67 lumens. Is this a typo or do I have a very special box? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Maybe this has been covered before, but I could not find anything when I searched the forums.
What does it say on the inside of your L4 boxes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... very cool. I'm not sure what to think of it. Most L4 boxes say 65 lumens on them IIRC.

nexro

Enlightened
My L4 box doesn't state lumen output.
The manual only states that lumen output exceeds that of 60 lumens. It also adds that complete details are available at www.surefire.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robban

Enlightened
Nämen hallå där /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My box doesn't state anything on the outside. The "manual" says the following:
Output & Runtime:
Accuretly specifying light output (lumens) and runtime is more complicated for LED flashlights than it is for tungsten lamp flashlights.

The light output fo the L4 exceeds that of comparable SureFire tungsten lamp flashlights (6P, C2, E2e, etc.), and runtime is longer than the one hour specified for these tungsten lamp flashlights.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
If I remember correctly, the SF website states that the KL4 generates 65lu.

supes

Enlightened
My box says 180 minutees runtime. I have a feeling that's not the runtime. I wish it was that!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
re. runtime:

I measured the runtime on my KL4(L$) to be 88 minutes to 50% of max brightness. At 165 minutes it was still generating 7fc at 1Ft. I'm allways suspisious(sp) of published numbers when they don't specify how the numbers are calculated.