This is my GLP-III ¤added pictures 04.01.05¤

liteglow

Enlightened
Ok..
I did order a 100mW laser from CNI..
Did pay them and the shipping was fast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif so here is my laser..
The paper from CNI tells me that the output is 157mW @ 532nm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here is some pictures:
IMG_2224.sized.jpg

IMG_2229.sized.jpg

IMG_2226.sized.jpg

IMG_2234.sized.jpg
Here is the compare of my resistor modded leadlight vs the GLP-3

The GLP3 was Bigger and mutch brighter than the leadlight..
But at far distance it was smaller and brighter than the leadlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif so the beam stay the same size at longer distance ...

There was a KEY at the button to insert to make contact between the housing and the battery...

soo that`s it..

i wonder... can this thing be modded?

IMG_2262.sized.jpg

IMG_2264.sized.jpg

IMG_2256.sized.jpg

Here are som snow pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IMG_2295.sized.jpg

IMG_2296.sized.jpg

IMG_2304.sized.jpg

IMG_2307.sized.jpg

IMG_2310.sized.jpg

Enigmahack

Newly Enlightened
Re: This is my GLP-III that i did recive this day

wow - gorgeous. You can really tell the difference between the GLP and the Leadlight by the quality of the dots... When I've got my leadlight lens all cleaned up it looks like a slightly less bright version of the GLP with the exception of the housing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wow. I want one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif How much did this one cost you?

LaserMod

Enlightened

I must be getting mixed up here - Liteglow I thought you bought one from shiftlock? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But anyway I emailed CNI a month back, they are going to ship mine around the middle of January. I can't wait... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
They said it would be over 150mw.... cha'mone!

Shiftlock

Enlightened

No, he didn't buy it from me, he ordered it directly from the manufacturer. Liteglow must be located outside of the US, because they sent him the old-style PGL-III with the adjustable power output. Nice. I don't beleive the power rating that CNI shipped with the laser, because the sheet they include with their lasers always shows a power 30 to 40mW over the true power rating, but that laser can be run off of a Pila 168A rechargeable Li-Ion battery (with a homemade adapter) for a true >300mW output. The Pila comes off the charger at 4.2V. If you run it like that, don't run it at 300mW for very long or you could damage the pump diode. Keep the power setting cranked down to 5 or 6 for ~250mW output.

kalibear

Newly Enlightened

Cool! Hey I think that means they still have some of the old units sitting around. Whats the advantage of having an adjustable power output besides battery life?

Bond007

Newly Enlightened

Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum, I'm Daniel on the other laser forums but somebody already got that name here :p

Anyway, I ordered my GLP-III on the 19th of December (I already have a 5mw and an EXTREME from wickedlasers) and I can't wait. Has everybody seen that video where the 163mW puts a hole through the plastic cup in about 4 seconds?

Anyway, liteglow, it appears you're happy so I'm even more excited now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

liteglow

Enlightened

I did belive the "OLD" unit did have a driver board inside the end-cap ?? this one does not !!

And where ca i adjust the power?

I did pay 600$ , that is after shipping cost + transfering cost from norvegian>dollars>Chinese money.....

so there was some ++ money to get it here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
But i like it alot..
I only think i coud have been a tiiiiny bit stronger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

and yes , i`m wery happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shiftlock

Enlightened

It doesn't have the driver in the end cap? No adjustable power? Wierd. Then it appears that you got some sort of a combination of the old-style and the new-style. It does have the blue button like the new ones (instead of red like the old), but it has the fron "push forward/back" front lens protector like the old ones (new ones have a rotatable front lens protector). The front lens can be unscrewed like the old ones (new ones can't). What is that thing stuck in the end cap if it's not an adjustable power key? Is it an "on" key? I've never seen that in the end cap before. This appears to be a third kind og PGL-III laser. Perhaps it's their new model for non-US sales. It has some features of the old-style, and some feature of the new-stlye. Wierd.

I wonder if it has a regular driver board, or not. You could still try the Pila battery in that one. It might work.

I would love to see more pictures of that laser. The people at CNI never cease to amaze me.

liteglow

Enlightened

yes i can remove the front cap !
And the key at the end-cap is only a "safety key" ..
there is something turnable under the "ribbs" .. i think it maybe is a tiny screw to hold the "inside stuff" toghether /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I dont have that battery u talking about... and i`m not sure if i want to put 4volt inside my brand new 600 dollar laser this day.......... heh

Raccoon

Enlightened

ShiftLock: I was meaning to write an email to CNI regarding the history of their GLP/PLG/whatever this is.

I think it's time we get an intimate understanding of the contruction and the various models (with real model numbers & revision numbers).

I want specs, ratings, quality of parts used, quality of parts disused, current features, old features, features yet to be had!

Someone clear the mist about this laser.
We don't even know its proper name! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Shiftlock

Enlightened

Raccoon,

That's complicated by the fact that they don't speak English very well at CNI. It's often very hard just organize simple ordering and payments with them. They're also somewhat secretive about certain things, which I think has to do with their culture. Things are different in China. Anyway, almost all you'll ever get from them is simple one line, badly phrased sentences from them. I can guarantee you won't get a detailed write up and explanation with serial numbers like you said. It's just not how they operate over there, but you can give it a try.

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Thats odd that you got a sort of combo laser, looks cool anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LaserMod

Enlightened

ah it was lasercrazy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

I've had some luck with CNI, I finally got them to realise that I wanted one 150mw or above and I was willing to 'pay' for the pick of the bunch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

LaserMod

Enlightened

Excellent video Liteglow - that laser is cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

How about setting off the new year fireworks with it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

kalibear

Newly Enlightened

The link for the video is not working for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

CliffS

Newly Enlightened

Oh wow, first ~600 bucks I come across I want to get one of these bad boys.