Introducing the LavNav!

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw that on The Gadgeteer website a while back. Interesting use of LED lighting, especially for the married folks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I just purchased one...for CPF sakes of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, heh, heh...i knew Craig would be on this one!

it is actually a pretty cool idea.

Bob

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once saw a rubber moster thing that would suction on to the bottom of the toilet lid by its arms so when you opened the lid it looked like a monster/alien jumps out of the toilet at you. Would be very creepy at night with that light on. LOL. good find. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just received my LavNav, but my housemate busted the toliet last night so I can't properly install it today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew Craig would jump on this. "jump on this", opps, don't want to give him any ideas. J/K, sorry to hear about the broken toilet. I am glad my place has two toilets so I have a backup...

BTW, I have some glow sheet on my toilet so that I can find it in the dark. The glow lasts all night with my dark adjusted eyes. (This assumes you use the toilet once before you go to sleep with the light on to charge the glow sheet.)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The toliet was fixed today, but the LavNav won't work on it in any case. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
There's no lid, and the seat is a horseshoe type, so even if it had a lid, the red light (to indicate seat-up status) would not function. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So I don't know how I'm going to evaluate this product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig,

Actually I think that is good information to put in a review. Sometimes I would rather know when and why it won't work, then just when it is working perfectly. I want to know the potential problems.

Also, you could tape it or somehow hold it in place and siumlate the lid somehow. Then evualate its usefulness for those midnight journeys without the light on. Your inforamtion is very useful and helpful, and not just to the users on this forum.

Keep up the good work.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll see what I can do, but I *CANNOT* test it in the manner in which it was intended.
So, web page, yes. Complete evaluation, no. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

It comes with double-stick tape on the back; this was designed to affix the LavNav on the toliet lid. Affixing it to the cistern is a remote possibility, but a possibility I probably will not use.

The LavNav uses what I believe are two silicon photodetectors to determine seat status (up or down); simulating the seat will be somewhat difficult.

So again, due to the design of our commode, I will not be able to test the LavNav in the manner in which it was intended.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have my evaluation of it published now. Since I'm not supposed to post the URL here, go to the Reviews forum and look for the latest post (as of 6:13pm PST 01-06-05) in my thread there.