Lost my 8AX in the snow!!!

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
Lost my 8AX in the snow!!! FOUND & UPDATED!!!

I'm so bummed. I lost my 8AX the other night during the big snow here in Ohio. I was only out of my truck 3 times and all 3 were in parking lots. It has since either been taken (once was at a convience store) or been plowed away. I'll keep a watch for it after the melt but doubt I'll ever find it. I know it's not the most popular light around here but I liked it and carried it alot at work. Guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good used one. Don't need charger or batteries, just the 8AX. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Damn! I hope by some fate of chance you find it. How do you carry it? (can you learn something so there isn't a next time?)
SureFire Dealers can sell you an 8AX flashlight by itself btw.
Good Luck!

Also, Welcome to CPF tinkerfy!

Al

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all. I really am bummed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Not only the loss of money but that fact that I'm one who hardly ever looses anything. Even such as a Bic lighter. I have it until it's empty. Oh well.

I always carry it in my side pocket of my carpenter jeans. Really don't have a choice. Now I'm carrying my new U2 (Christmas present /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif) there but using the clip.

I will be looking as soon as the snow is gone, trust me. When I was a kid I lost a Buck pocket knife while sledding in our yard. I found it the following spring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And yes, welcome tinkerfy!

Topper

Flashaholic*
What a bummer. I have only lost a SL scorpion so far, amazing for me im so addle brained at times.
I may can help,I have a green 8NX I never use. Send me a PM if you think it might ease your pain.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tinkerfy

Newly Enlightened
thanx for the welcome..
luckily there's no snow here in Malaysia..
if i'd lose any SF's above 100 bucks, i'd cry for a week..
currently I only had a G2..

hmmm.. btw, SFs are water resistant rite?
but if its exposed to snow for a long time, wouldn't it get condensed?

fivebyfive

Enlightened
Don't be too bummed. Just know that I feel your pain as well. I work security. My Sl-20x popped out of my sap pocket while I was running to cover my partner. He was trying to break up a fight between five people. Someone picked up my sl-20x and I have never seen it since. Since then, I've reconsidered what to carry as a main duty light. So, take it as a learning lesson. It's replaceable.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any lanyard options for the 8AX? I'm using the Z60 (without the plastic ring) for my U2 - even though I pocket carry it! Takin' absolutely no chances... the lanyard will even prevent it hitting the floor and getting dinged should I have butter fingers one day. It's looped around my belt.

sid

Newly Enlightened
ah i know that feeling, i lost a L4 that was only a week old, i payed 260$ for it

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again guys. I had read before where others here had lost lights and I felt for them then and maybe even more now.

I don't like lanyards. I have several thinking I might come to like them but they just always get caught on something. I'm hoping this pocket clip will help. Also, I think it had to do with conditions being so slick I was kind of sliding out of my truck being careful not to fall.

Topper, I really appreciate your offer and will send a PM.

Weather has been warm here and snow is melting rapidly. I aready drove around today looking and will look more tomorrow. If I would happen to find it I wonder if Surefire will offer some "world class service"? Wouldn't hurt to ask? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
I just need your name an adress to ship to ,I admit im slow at times but I will get it sent your way; I got a spare lamp for it if I can find it.Its still in the bag and you are welcome to it as well. Tiss the season to be jolly whether anybody likes it or not. <Edit I found the X80 lamp new in pack this must be your lucky day >end edit
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
Your are so kind! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I sent a PM. All I can say is WOW!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
RazorMaxx, watch for the Brown truck on the sixth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I sent a PM with tracking number
Happy New Year-----------When two or more are gathered in His name----
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif edit fer spellin

Topper

Flashaholic*
Dave you never finished this story. Seemed like a good time to "bump it"
glad you got it and would love to hear the end of story (I know it but it was fun so you should share it with the rest of us).
Good to see your still around.
Topper ;)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terrible I recently had my bike stolen ($350+$300 in lightage) from school and it sucks to lose stuff I got a U2 coming in the mail. Hope to hear a happy ending.