Something a little bigger than a Gerber Trio

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
I have a Gerber trio and like it but i want something a little bigger and brighter. Small enough to EDC if i want to. I also have a SL TT 3c but that's to big for what i want. I also would like to stay away from 123's. Thanks

C

Cosmic Superchunk

You could always get a TerraLux Ministar II module and drop it in a Minimag or get a Streamlight Jr Luxeon. Just how big of a flashlight are you willing to EDC?

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Yeah, the Gerber LX3.0 is much brighter than the Trio, but much longer. I don't know if he'd want to EDC something that big. Another option would be the Elektro Lumens XM-3. It's bigger than the Trio, but not as long as the LX 3.0.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't want 3AA and you don't want 123's, then there are still a few options that are relatively small:

1) you can find a few Lux's that run on 3AAA.
2) Streamlight Jr. Luxeon 2AA
3) Elektrolumens XM-3
4) modded MiniM*g
5) UK 4AA and 4AA eLED

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
What kind of realistic runtime are we talking about for the Gerber. I saw 50 hours but i doubt it.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can search and find runtimes here somewhere. From memory it seems like it is 8-10 hours.

I just gave out 2 for Christmas. I opened the packages and loaded them with Eveready Lithiums so they would have better "shelf life".