• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Aleph lights for sale

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
***The bare aluminum light is sold***

Hey all,

I have a few lights for sale.

The first is a bit of a custom job. It is in bare aluminum and the profile of the head has been altered somewhat.

*This light is sold*
The tail switch on this light was my guinea pig of sorts. It was the first switch that I drilled and threaded for a pocket clip. I had first drilled and tapped the lower portion of the switch and then decided to drill and tap the upper portion of the switch. I sealed the bottom holes using JB Weld and the holes are underneath the clip.

Here's a pic of the clip area...
picture.JPG

I did the best I could to capture it.

Now on to the rest of the light.

The light engine is a NexGen1000/TXOJ combo. It is nice, white and bright. It will run on either 1X123 or 1X li-ion. This little light is a beast. It is truly a fist full of light.

Some pics...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

The tail switch is a two stage with 10 ohms of resistance for a bit of a brighter low.

I am asking $180, shipped, for this light, as is, meaning that it comes with the switch as described above. If you would prefer the light with an "undamaged" switch, the price is $205 shipped.

The second light that I have is an Aleph II on a 1X123 body with a slim McE2S tail switch with 10 ohms of resistance. The light engine is a TX1J/NG500 combo. It is very nice and white. It also includes a stainless steel pocket clip.

Some pics...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

I'm asking $207 for this light, shipped.

The last light that I have is an Aleph III on a 2X123 body with a McE2S tailswitch with 22 ohms of resistance. The light engine is a BadBoy500/5W combo. The emitter is of an unknown bin, but it is bright and white leaning a bit toward the warmer side. If you aren't concerned about hunting white walls with this light, it is very good at putting lots of light on the subject. This light was built with a spacer between the LE and the reflector to get rid of most of the hole in the beam. This spacer can, of course, be removed.

Some pics...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

I'm asking $225 for this light, shipped to include the swivel tab and belt clip. For those of you that are throw freaks, I could easily substitue a DownBoy/Lux III light engine for the 5W light engine. I currently have TXOJ, TX1J, TWAK and TWOK emitters in stock. The price with the Lux III LE would be $220 shipped in the CONUS.

As stated above, all of the quoted prices include shipping via USPS Priority Mail. Global Priority is an extra $5. All lights will ship with one or two batteries.

If you want any of these lights, or have questions, PM me to confirm and for payment details.

Thanks for looking.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to get that Aleph II, but is there anyway i can switch to a brighter light engine. Maybe a NG1000 or BB750 5W? Something to match or exceed my Surefire L4 in lumen output.

I know the heat problems i'll run into with the A2 head, but i don't plan on using these on high output for very long, besides I can always buy other heads to switch out.

Please contact me via email or PM if you can because i'd like to discuss some options with you. This is my first Aleph purchase and i think i'm ready to take the plunge.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not looking for throw. I have a Thor and HIDMag for that. I'm looking for a big, honkin', room filling, close range, eye blinding, wall of light. The L4 does a nice job, but i think the Aleph series can do better.

I want to start this out first on 1x123 for EDC, then move on to 2x123 for certain bright situations. It can be more than one light if you want it to be. I love the Aleph series because of this.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LEDagent said:
I'm not looking for throw. I have a Thor and HIDMag for that. I'm looking for a big, honkin', room filling, close range, eye blinding, wall of light. The L4 does a nice job, but i think the Aleph series can do better.

I want to start this out first on 1x123 for EDC, then move on to 2x123 for certain bright situations. It can be more than one light if you want it to be. I love the Aleph series because of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That bare aluminum light with the NG1000 on a li-ion cell would be exactly what you're looking for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif an aleph2 head might but out a little more of a wall but i think the aleph1 head just looks better.

Shane

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Laurence,

I've read your posts in other threads and it's my understanding that you have put certain size limitations on what you are interested in.

I believe that you are looking for a pocket light. Something small on a 1X123 body. Since we a sticking to a 1X123 body, we are limited to the use of a single cell. This would limit the current to a 5W to about 300mA because that is all a single 123 can supply to a 5W in a single cell boost configuration.

Since you are looking for the brightest that you can get in this small package, this would limit you to a couple of options.

Again, we are talking about an Aleph II head on a 1X123 body. You could go with a T bin Lux III. Since you are looking for "blinding" white light, I'd go with a warmer bin, such as a TX1J. Cooler luxeons would also be blinding at similar current levels, but the warmer luxeons consistently test higher on a lux meter than do cooler luxeons in like configurations. For the light engine, I'd use a NexGen converter. They are very efficient and generate very little heat.

For the converter, you could choose either a 700mA bias, or a 1000mA bias.

At 700mA, you will get full regulation on a single 123 cell and will still be able to use a single R123 is you so choose too. At 1000mA, you will not get full regulation on a single 123, but you will get a very bright "safe mode" on the single cell. You'll get something greater than 700mA on a fresh cell. On a single li-ion, you will get full regulation at 1000mA. The typical runtime at 1A with a J Vf luxeon and an R123 is about 20 minutes, but it's a very bright 20 minutes. The runtime on the single 123 is longer, but won't be in full regulation.

The characteristics of the McR20 reflector's beam are such that you will get a semi flood beam that is concentrated. It will put out lots of light. Whether it puts out more light than your L4 depends on the bin of the 5W in your L4.

Matching the light output of your L4 with a single cell light running a 5W isn't going to happen. The battery just can't do it.

The best you can do is to go with the Lux III/NexGen combo. I think that you wouldn't be disappointed.