police mod into an A2...........

joshwang

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, just started getting into modding recently, probably because the lights that "big" companies sell are such a rip off! I recieved a "Police" flashlight recently, the lamp is a mimmick of the SF A2(three leds, 1 incad)
<font color="red"> </font>Power: 1 cr123 cell
<font color="red"> </font>diameter of the bezel: 3.35cm
<font color="red"> </font>diameter of the body: 2.4 cm
LED:3x5mm
XeXon light:2.4V 1.0A
yu_stan.tw-img410x365-1104084501tol00067_0h-8.gif

Just woundering, could there be a possible way to turn in into a 2cell? Also, does the lamp have the same regulation as the A2? I don't have one, so i can;t find out... Also, if i stick the lamp in a 6p would it fit? Thanks!!

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing that you could turn the light into a 2 cell pretty easily. It looks to me like the head contains all of the electronics, right? If that's the case and the tailcap also comes off, all you'd need to do is machine a new battery tube, I think. I'd doubt that it's got the same regulation as the A2, though, and I have no idea about the lamp. I'd guess you'd need to do some soldering to make the current setup work with more voltage, but that's not my forte at all. .

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy 2-cell versions of that light. Streamlight sells them under the "Twin Task" moniker. I beleive Nuwai is the manufactorer. It produces a medium flood beamand does not have the throw of a Surefire. They are not regulated.

I put a Streamlight Twin Task 2L in my wifes Blazer. Makes a good emergency light. She's getting a new minivan soon but not a new flashlight.

I don't believe the bi-pin bulbs are compatible with the Surefire Lamp assemblies unless you mod the old LA.