Post your Luxeon bin and output tint.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I am looking for HID like tint output Luxeon bin. It's kinda impossible(financially) for me to buy lots of different bin Luxeon. I know how to read the color chart but I need some cpf input.

My definition of a HID tint is not purplish but bluish.

So now please help me flip your stars over, note the bin and post your output tint! Doesn't matter if it's yellow, purple or puke green tint(sorry), just post!

Of course I shall start off with my own collection..
R2K - Slightly Creamy yellow.
Q3J - Purplish but not as purple as KL1/KL3
TWOJ - White
SX1K - White, slightly yellow hint around the hotspot

That's about what I have, the rest are unknown bin emmiters.

thanks everyone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
Vince.

gessner17

Enlightened
If you want an HID like output, you're best bet will be a (LUX III) TYOJ or TYAJ (vf doesn't matter obviesly). Some TWOJ are on the blue side sometimes

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
A dozen TY0L stars passed through my workbench recently. They don't really look "blue" per se, but if you put a blue object beneath it, it really brings out the blue. I have one 'bare' TY0L with no collimator/reflector being used as a work lamp. IMHO the TY0L may be what you're looking for, but be advised, even while I was testing the stars on the bench, there were variations in the output.

Surprisingly, my R2K (not a star, but info that was passed on to me by its owners/modders) is blueish. It may have something to do with the NX05 optic.

My TW0L is my source of 'reference white'.

Got five TX1Js from Chop recently too, off white, but not very much discernable tint. I couldn't put a color to it, but it's just not as 'white' as my TW0L (when I go whitewalling with it).

Five TV1K's from oeo2oo (PhotonFanatic) had just the slightest hint of yellow, a warmer tone. Probably not what you're looking for.

Hope this helps...

knifebright

Enlightened
i've got luxeons all over the specrum but lately i've swiched out all my small lights to twoj. If your looking for blue xo's are the way to go. I like the color of YO creamy aqua very much. Here's were i admit something that could get me bashed. In larger lights designed for throw i really really have a liking for V1 tint. I just think that it performs the best. its a great tint if your not "hunting for the great white wall" as chop said.
jimmy

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 TV1Ks which are all noticably green (even without the white wall or comparing them to other samples). Doing the above makes their greenness even more noticable.

Takifugu

Newly Enlightened
YA bins are the bluest, compared together, the YA beam makes almost all other bin tints look yellow or green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

TYAJ vs. TWOK (using NX05)
lux_bin.JPG