alternatives to Streamlight Jr. Luxeon

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would be hard pressed to find an equal light with a lifetime warranty with the same attributes, roughly the same price as you would with the JR LUX. The fact that it loves NiMH's is another benefit...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I gave mine away to one of my daughters for Xmas. I may replace it with another one. This one has licked one of the Kroll problems. Uses same type rubber boot as Kroll, but has a better contact with body of light via aluminum threads. Really likes NiMH's, and does not have a shaky head like the minimag. My daughter loves it, and she will keep it charged up with the Rayovac 15 min charger. Wonder if they will come out with a 3watt version?

Bill

davidra

Enlightened
It's heavier, but the XM-3 is an awfully fine light. I haven't seen any head comparisons regarding beam, but the Lux III in my XM-3 beats any 1-watt I've seen.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the money I dont think anything can beat the Costco 2xAA LuxI light. Its very bright for what it costs.

Beam probably wont be as nice as the SL Jr. you're used to though, but they come in a two pack for $27.99, with batteries.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It cost quite a bit more, but I REALLY REALLY like the Lambda 3W drop in for a minim*g. That, a glass lense and a kroll and it's a ROCKIN' light!

edit> Oh yeah! I have two of ELs superb XM3s too. but the Lambda smokes 'em and is super easy to carry and not as apt to get taken <edit

But for the bucks, you probably ought to get another Jr.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was very close to purchasing the Streamlight Jr. Luxeon,
I needed something with a bit more runtime so I got an
Elektrolumens XM-3 It has been a very good light with good
runtime for a 2 AA cell