Where to get 3 watt Luxeon with flux bin >T ?

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I'm a new user since yesterday evening. I was browsing this forum for a few weeks, and I decided to participate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm from Belgium, I'm 19 years old and still studying.

I am modifying flashlights and I am at this moment looking for 3 watt white Luxeon Stars or Emitters with a flux bin higher than T.

These flux bins should be available :
...................Min lumens................Max lumens
S.................60.0..........................67.2
T.................67.2..........................87.4
U.................87.4..........................113.6
V.................113.6........................147.7
W................147.7........................192.0
X.................192.0........................249.6
Sources : http://idleprocess.net/pdf/luxbins.pdf , http://www.lumileds.com/pdfs/AB21.PDF (official sheet from Lumileds) and http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/

I have read on this forum T-rated flux bins are 'hot', but I would like to get higher flux bins!

I have contacted Future Electronics (Belgian distributor) and they checked it out for me : about 90% of their stock is S-rated and 10% is T-rated. They didn't knew if there are any higher than T-rated available, but as we all can see on the AB21.pdf-datasheet of Lumileds, they should be available somewhere.

Do you guys know where they are available?

By the way, if anyone needs the T-rated flux bin 3 watt white Luxeon Stars, I can send them to you.

gessner17

Enlightened
You won't find anything higher than T, U's are extremly rare, I dont' know that I have ever seen one here.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Welcome to CPF!

There have been reports of a few U bin Luxeon IIIs with poor tint, but these are not available. The best that's available at the moment are the T bin Luxeon IIIs.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! Do yourself a favor and lock away your wallet.

I think I saw a U bin luxeon III maybe once here on CPF. To get a bin thats of V, W or X you really have to go to 5w stars instead of 3 watt.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the V, W and X only for 5 watt stars? In the document of Lumileds I can read it should also be availble for 3 watt stars. Anyway, it would be nice if I could get some U-rated flux bin stars. So if anyone knows where to get them, please let me know.

My distributor has 33,000 white 3 watt stars, of which only 3,000 T-rated flux bin. He also wondered if the U, V, W or X are available anywhere on the world.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The only available U bin are Luxeon V.

The X bin Luxeon V are very rare. The W are sometimes available. The U bin isn't sought after. The V, W, X with good tint are IMHO all very nice Luxeons.

In Luxeon III the T bin is the most desirable at this time.

In Luxeon I the R bins can be very good. Again the tint needs to be good as well as being bright.

cy

Flashaholic
ARCmania sold a few Superlights with overachieving TWOJ/TWOH that had Ubin output. MJ went thru several reels of emitters to find these rare gems.

got a Jet22 Blackbird that I suspect has Ubin output. This BB has the brightest 3watt I ever seen.

I've never seen a Ubin star or emitter for sale. TWOH's has appeared only once. They are being offered in Ichishiki CR2 cpf ed.

seems TWOJ lately are getting almost common.