Nuwai ALX-352L 5Watt Led made rechargeable easy

flash99dark

Newly Enlightened
I made my Nuwai ALX-352 into a rechargable light by adding a
1/8" rare earth disc magnet to the flat top of a Pila 168s. The contact + area of Nuwai was recessed. The magnet is available from Radio Shack part order no. 64-1895. about $3 for a package of 2x with tax.....william Cheers to "CHOP" for suggesting this to me. This may work with the 3watt Nuwai also, but I don't have one yet

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the magnet work to pass the current or does the magnetic force have something to do with it?

flash99dark

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nuwai ALX-352L 5Watt Led made rechargeable eas

Cobb, I don't have much electical knowledge, but I can say that It works great ( I only used it last night for a bit).
Maybe one of our Guru Modders or other knowledgable member can jump in to explain this. I am quite certain, at least at this point that this is a safe, cheap, and very bright solution for
me......William

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

What kind of runtime can you get off a full charge at 100%? Will you find out so I know if I should concider this setup for my ALX-352L.

I've tried the 'Juice' rechargeable cr123a batteries. The runtime sucked really bad at 100%. It was about 10 minutes. I'm trying to 'break-in' the batteries hoping for more runtime.

LoneRebel

Enlightened

cobb:All of my neodymium magnets are nickel plated and I use them to pass current so nickel undoubtedly has electrically conductive properties. The magnetic properties are nice to actually adhere to the metal on the tops of the battery. Works great with my 17670 lithiums in my kl4.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wouldnt do this on any flashlight that uses a computer controller of any sort. Magnet + computer = bad

Raybo

Enlightened

Magnets are fine with computer control.....heck, there are rare earth magnets in your hard drive.