Why didn't I carry a light before?

Gmount

Newly Enlightened
Why didn\'t I carry a light before?

I on;y found this group a little while ago, and it was only because I was considering an E2e. well, now i carry it every day and...

I simply cannot believe how often I use it! How come I didn't know this all my life?

Thanks to everyone here, I seem to have lost my mind over this stuff. but, truthfully, I use this light all the time.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Re: Why didn\'t I carry a light before?

Your story sounds like my son. He said when I gave him a ARC LS he didn't know what he would do with it. He now says he doesn't know how he did without it.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Always carried light with me. Don't use it much, but I don't regret carrying one til I need it

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Always carried light with me. Don't use it much, but I don't regret carrying one when I need it

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Welcome to CPF Gmount! I had been tricking-out flashlights a long time before I found this board. They were for camping and home use and I never even considered the idea of carrying one on my person during daylight hours! First thing I did after landing here was buy a little Arc AAA thing that seemed to have a "cult" following, and started carrying it. (soon modded to N cell.) I can't believe how far (and fast) downhill it's been since. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(Watch your wallet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast

You only carry one? You don't have it bad yet. I have four on me at the moment - a Nuwai QIII, a Lionheart, a SF L4 and a GMG Infinity Ultra. If I put on my winter jacket, I gain a few more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome and enjoy.

Mike

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Mike,

Actually, I carry two (NLS), but four /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif I don't have it that bad yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

Prolepsis

Enlightened

Gmount: Welcome to CPF.

I carry four with me, since it is winter after all--darkness falls a lot faster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I carry six in total if I carry a bag. Usually just two if I'm not wearing a jacket. Works for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome, before I discovered this site I never carried a Flashlight, now it is a different story I always carry at least one with me, whan I go away I carry al least Four
Flashlights in my pack as well as spare batteries

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only a L1 and ultra G, but 3 or 4 if i know im gonna need throw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Jacket pockets are a big plus.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast

I carry a primary and a secondary as one never knowns what lies in wait.

chiphead

mokona2

Enlightened

Heh, since joining CPF, I've taken to carrying several flashlights. Originally I had (and still carry) a red Photon 2, but now I also EDC an SF L2, U2, 6P (will later modify with an A19), G2-YL, and now a Minimag w/ Terralux-2 upgrade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Guess I'm still trying to figure out which flashlight(s) will work for me the most.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif It's nice to wear a jacket with plenty of pockets.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I have EDC a light in my pocket since about 1990 when I bought a pelican 2AAA mitylight. I bought two more and replaced them with uk2AAA incans about 3 years later when I found one at walmart for $6 instead of having to order the pelican for about $11-15 plus shipping. I now EDC a uk2AAA eled and if I could find a plastic small light better I would step up to it. I guess I am weird because I prefer sturdy plastic lights in my pocket instead of aluminum ones. I like the feel of them, consistant temperature instead of cold/hot of metal lights.

paulr

Flashaholic

Lynx, you might like the Tekna Splashlite LS. It's plastic and uses 1x123 and a Luxeon side emitter at maybe 100 mA, so it's around 3x as bright as the UK 2AAA, and weighs about the same. I prefer plastic lights too.

davidra

Enlightened

The answer to the question is: I was sane before.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

Paulr interesting light for sure but for now I think I will stay away from 123 cell lights as my budget is almost zero and I have nimh AA and AAA cells around. If I was going to spend 40.00 on an led pocket light I think I may mod one with an LS that has a good click switch. I am tired of twisty plastic lights, seems they get harder to twist so it takes two hands to use them or you have to grease them once every month.