Countycomm's "Super Tough LED Lights"

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re: Countycomm\'s \"Super Tough LED Lights\"

WISE choice!! Soooo handy to have when you need one! Inexpensive enough to lose or give away (and folks really do appreciate them!). They are indeed a tough little torch!

Oh, you can check them out "here" for $20 EACH or get 20 for $20 at CountyComm.com, eh?

It's a "no brainer"!!

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened

Ouch, $20 for one! I'll stick with CountyComm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's great to hear good feedback on these lights. I was thinking of giving some away too. Maybe even the mailman...

davidra

Enlightened

Although they're not as tough, I like the ones with the switches better (for the same price). Having to hold down the button on the clear ones gets old.

paulr

Flashaholic

I'm not that crazy about the super tough lights either. I posted a review in the reviews section that you can probably find it you search back 6 months or so.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I picked some not so super tough lights up at a dollar store and find the squeeze lights irritating enough they are only spread around for emergencies. It is hard to keep squeezing a light while trying to open a door or work on something. I like on/off switches best and find myself not even using my dorcy AAA much now I modded some click switch incans.

paulr

Flashaholic

The Countycomm slide switch lights are an excellent value. They are quite easy to operate. Their worst problem is they can turn on by accident, e.g. if you drop them.

At the end of the day, the Photon II is still my favorite coin light. Other lights have more features or capabilities or ease of operation, but the P2 has style and small size that the others lack. However, they're kind of expensive at $7 each or higher, depending.

KevinL has some of what looks like Photon II clones for $1.25 each. I have some on order and will post a review after they arrive.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have some of KevinL's Photon II clones. They look almost identical. The light is every bit as bright as my PhotonII lights, though the beam is not as 'smooth'. These clones sure beat paying $12.00 each for the real thing, though.

I also got a batch of the Countycommm lights. They aren't quite as bright or elegant, but I sure gave away a bunch at xmas. And I cannibalized a few to replace the pathetic little incandescent lights in my car keys with nice bright LEDs. Perfect!

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've got all three - both of CC's and Kevin's. I gave away quite a few of the CC lights last year and this year. Three people that I gave them to last year told me that the CC w/switch broke at the "plastic holder" which is the weak spot on them.

This was my first year for the "tough" lights and I think that they're excellent. My only complaint is that the keyring and swivel are attached with jump rings and I don't feel that they're secure enough so I replaced the assembly with 1/2 inch split rings. The squeeze mechanism on these lights is excellent - it's similar to a rocker switch - just push the front of the switch.

Some people that I give these to need something that's unbreakable and I feel that some are better served with push on only switches or they'd use up the cells in very short order. I also used these lights as gifts for some of the kids as zipper pulls on their jackets.

I received Kevin's (Photon II clones) just after Xmas and have given 4-5 of them away so far. They are excellent, too, but there are some who would have difficulty operating the small switch for constant on. They are probably MY favorite so far, but I try to give these lights away and match which of the cheapie lights will best serve each individual, so I'll probably continue with all three as long as they're available.

Short, direct answer to your question is the CC tough lights are an excellent buy. In fact, when they were first offered, they were 15 for $20 and now they're 20 for $20.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it's true, there are some situations where it would be better to have a momentary-only switch. I tend to give away these lights to adults who SHOULD know better... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif (or at the very least can afford two new CR2016s for forgetting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

In fact, I myself was supposed to receive some of the CC lights as well, just that USPS had Other Ideas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif