Testing all my lights

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its going to be new years soon, I am taking out my Q-111, SF-L5, My SF-L2, XM-3, Longbow Micra, My Lion heart that I bought from a friend, even my Blaster 3-P, and my modified FT-3C and my Labdna ProMag 2 D, I am going to see which one throws the best.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not selling,
It was a comparison,
The results were,
Lion heart 185 Meters,
Micra , 65 Meters,
FT-3C 85 Meters,
Sf-L6 145 Meters,
XM-3 39 Meters,
Blaster-3P 182 Meters
Pro Mag, 550 meters
How I did the test
I placed a sensor on a steet sign, and I used a Megellan
Meridian Platinum Gps to find the distance had do do alot of walking.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Please do, I was not to sure where to post, where do
you think this post should go, If there is a dispute I can delete this post

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
Off topic:
I think it should go to led lights if pro mag is a led light too. But it could also be at the reviews section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I've pushed the moderator button, so it will moved automatically.

On topic: How accurate is your GPS? And is the light useable on that distance?

B@rt

Flashaholic
alfnoproblemsitting1me.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
How was the FT-3C modded? I'm kinda disappointed to see that it was barely twice as good as the XM-3.

luxlover

Banned
Jay,
It is such a good idea to test the throw of your best lights, and the use of GPS is brilliant. I would do the same thing with my arsenal of lights (don't own a GPS), but I live in "The Big City" (New York), and there are so many street and apartment lights lit at night that there is no place for me to do what you plan to do(= already have done). Sad situation isn't it. Happy New Year to you, which as of 5:50PM EST is roughly 15 hours behind Aussie time or 8:50AM. You gave me a great idea, which I will impliment soon, "outside the city!"

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The results you've posted with the ProMag are just simply awesome. 550 meters is way beyond anything I've gotten (limited by test range), I've only clocked a shade over 300 meters on my Garmin GPS V.

This is good news for all of us Mag users, we use the same reflector.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
TORCH_BOY isn't BSing!

The ProMagnum is as good as it sounds with a very white tint emitter. I've shot an exceptional beam of light across two parking lots to a wall at a Mall with a 5 lane street in the middle. And at 1500 feet I can light up a stop sign very brightly.

The light runs 2, 4, 6AA or 2D cells. 14500 Li-ion cells give the light even more 'kick'.