Being Prepared -- they come in handy on vacation

cognitivefun

Enlightened
We recently went to Mexico, to Akumal, on a family vacation (three families including ours). I brought no more than about 8 extra lights beyond my EDC Strion (with charger) and perhaps 6 CountyComm $1 specials.

I can't tell you how often these lights came in handy.

First, each family needed at least one light to navigate the whole area at night.

Second, reading menus was difficult at night with no light and the lights came in handy there.

Third, I used my light in places like Chichen Itza to look down a dark hallway in some ruins (The Nunnery if you know that building).

Fourth, we felt a lot more secure driving at night with the flashlights.

I was a family hero for being so prepared (and I had my "medical bag" with ibuprofen, lomotil, bandaids, multitool which we used, not to mention other stuff we never used including Quikclot).

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

I sent someone off with a Surefire E2e Winelight (MN02, 25 lumens, 2.5 hours runtime) recently. They got back to me saying that its throw outdoors was impressive in Quality Dark with no city lights. I was taken aback, to me, life begins at 100 lumens...... I suppose that's because I have to deal with bright city lights.

Carry a light when you travel, especially when you venture far from civilization. You never know when it will make all the difference in the world.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I was there a year or two ago Chicken Pizza is how my son recalls it there was a large bat resting on the ceiling of a place we dined in I could hardly eat too busy watching the bat.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif