SF E1e+KL1 vs. Nuwai Q3

Hoya

Newly Enlightened
How are they compare in terms of brightness, throw, beam and run time? thks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
also, the SF combo is HA III while the Nuwai Q III is type 2 adonize. Not as durable as the SF combo.

Hoya

Newly Enlightened
Ok. Will be getting the E1e+KL1. thks all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif actually E1e combo is my 1st priority over Q3.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
phew good this isnt ANOTHER LB Micra vs Nuwai Q III thread... you wouldnt believe how many of those there were during the past month.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not think it is a fair comparison. QIII is a cheap light, somehow unreliable, designed for the general market... E1E/KL1 is a reliable, durable and very efficient lighting instrument instead.
In another thread we have seen the electronics circuit used in the QIII, and it is ridicoulos compared to the design, both mechanichal and electrical, used in the KL1.

Anthony

davidra

Enlightened
Of course they're not comparable in terms of finish, or maybe electronics. But they both put out light, which is what they're supposed to do. You want to put it on the shelf and look at it, and be worried about losing it or dropping it and causing a dent, get the SF. I've not seen any consistent comments about the QIII being unreliable...mine hasn't been so far. I admit to having a few Surefires, but the fact is that I've found much less expensive lights that come really close to them in actual utility. The only SF light that is worth the cost to me is the G2. I realize it's fun to put different heads and tailcaps on a light, but that much fun isn't worth the cost to me.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hoya,

I don't own a Q3 but do own a E1e/KL1. Very very impressive for its size. What I did was purchased the KL1 then bought the rest of the parts individually. Saved about $30. PM jcciv about the parts.

This is what happened to me, I bought the KL1 for my E2D and switched back and forth between the incan and LED heads. One day when the E2D was in it's stock form I realized I had to have a home for my KL1, not a time share. So do yourself a favor and get the KL1 and the body seperately. Because the orphaned incan bezel will cry out to you and you will continue to buy lights because you will always have extra parts! Close the circle while you still can my friend!!!

kelmo

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
Ray_of_Light said:
I do not think it is a fair comparison. QIII is a cheap light, somehow unreliable, designed for the general market... E1E/KL1 is a reliable, durable and very efficient lighting instrument instead.
In another thread we have seen the electronics circuit used in the QIII, and it is ridicoulos compared to the design, both mechanichal and electrical, used in the KL1.

Anthony

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is the QIII unreliable? Unless you tamper with it and don't know what you're doing, I don't see how it can be unreliable.

Fit and finish on a Surefire is superior to that of the QIII, but Surefire doesn't market their lights toward the general public. You have to consider the price factor as well. You can practically get 3 QIII lights for the average price of an E1e/KL1 combo. Personally, I like the E1e/KL1 better, but for the price the QIII isn't bad at all.

sithjedi333

Enlightened
If you go the KL1 route, I would suggest the Aleph 1x123 body and 2-stage switch. Much more versatile, and about the same price.

paulr

Flashaholic
I just got a Q3 and it amazes me. Its beam is very similar to the Arc4+ Second that I sold a few months ago, but I think the Q3 is brighter. It's almost 2x brighter than my FF1/BB650/R2H. I bet it compares favorably to my UK 2L which up til now had been my EDC belt-pack bright light. I'm sure it blows away the Longbow Micra. It's true that the finish is not up to Arc or Surefire or Longbow standards but that's reflected in the price. The form factor is also not as attractive as the smaller lights. And it would be nice if the clickie switch had a momentary function from partially pressing it, but it doesn't.

I'd like to find the thread about the Q3 electronics, which I didn't notice earlier.

I agree with whoever suggested an Aleph over an E1e/KL1, if you want a high end light.